An Old School Catholic Message Board

Me Getting Confirmed

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

I was thinking back to old times yesterday and I remembered my sister had the video of me getting confirmed when I was twelve on Youtube. I really liked it so here is the video. I come in at 1:16:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDU1y2YjXAA&list=LLUGGv5nc6UFvmWHUWaeQDwA

You can't tell when watching the video, but my spiritual director (The Priest on the left) said that when my sponsor stated my confirmation name (Saint Padre Pio) the Bishop physically stopped for a few moments because he was so shocked. He told my spiritual director the reason is because nobody ever chooses Saint Padre Pio.

PhuturePriest
Why does no one choose Saint Padre Pio?

Cool video.

I don't know why, because he's so awesome. But Father Pascal's (My spiritual director) explanation to the Bishop was that I knew about him because I did Catholic home schooling. That seemed to be enough to satisfy the Bishop.

Basilisa Marie

Seems like every church group has a favorite batch of saints. Padre Pio was in mine. :) 

But then I was a super weirdo and picked Perpetua, because I wasn't sure Hildegard counted.  As you can imagine, I'm totally kicking myself now. 

Nihil Obstat

My brother picked Pio. At my suggestion I believe. If there is any saint who can drag a stubborn kid back to the Church, it will be the good Padre.

Lefebvre-PadrePio1.jpg

PadrePioOfPietrelcino
Why does no one choose Saint Padre Pio?

Cool video.

Padre Pio was just recently canonized June 16, 2002. Because of this relative recent action not many people KNOW about Saint Pio, and of the number of people that do know about any given Saint only a fraction then choose them as a Patron Saint for Confirlmation. When I joined the Church I also choose Padre Pio and my Priest stopped and said pretty loudly (his mic was turned on...) "Padre Pio? Well that's a first." Until learning that FP and I share a Patron I was those only person I knew of who had him as a Confirmation Saint. Anywho...as a side note not many people realize that North America is entrusted to his patronage as well as the Blessed Mother's.

Don't be fooled tho he is one of the coolest bilocating, soul reading, levitating, stigmatist, Saints out there. :)

My brother picked Pio. At my suggestion I believe. If there is any saint who can drag a stubborn kid back to the Church, it will be the good Padre.

Lefebvre-PadrePio1.jpg

The combination of the Blessed Mother and the good Padre got me to JOIN the church when I was stubborn and anti-Catholic, so yep I agree he could get just about anyone to Church who needs a good kick in the pants.

PhuturePriest
Padre Pio was just recently canonized June 16, 2002. Because of this relative recent action not many people KNOW about Saint Pio, and of the number of people that do know about any given Saint only a fraction then choose them as a Patron Saint for Confirlmation. When I joined the Church I also choose Padre Pio and my Priest stopped and said pretty loudly (his mic was turned on...) "Padre Pio? Well that's a first." Until learning that FP and I share a Patron I was those only person I knew of who had him as a Confirmation Saint. Anywho...as a side note not many people realize that North America is entrusted to his patronage as well as the Blessed Mother's.

Don't be fooled tho he is one of the coolest bilocating, soul reading, levitating, stigmatist, Saints out there. :)

The combination of the Blessed Mother and the good Padre got me to JOIN the church when I was stubborn and anti-Catholic, so yep I agree he could get just about anyone to Church who needs a good kick in the pants.

You are the only other person I have seen who has him as a Confirmation Saint as well. I was quite surprised when I learned not many chose him because I knew about him by the time I was four or five. He has always been my favorite.

Also, you should have added how he is one of the Priests cool enough to yell at people whom needed to be yelled at in confession for not being truly penitent. He was also known to hit people.

PhuturePriest
So you've upgraded from pictures to videos, eh? :|

Oh, please. I've been making tons of videos. I have posted at least four. This just obviously is not one that I recorded.

PhuturePriest
No need to be snippy.

I am anything but snippy. I am the Priestly discerning lamb everyone has come to love and cherish.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino
One of my closest friends chose Padre Pio.

We might need to start the "spiritual children of St Pio club" for those of us under the patronage of The original PPoP