An Old School Catholic Message Board

Homosexuality, In Your Face

ironmonk

IcePrincessKRS

Hey, just a reminder, this is a rather touchy subject here, try and be nice. I feel like some of the somewhat less than civil comments can be something of a slap in the face to our homosexual friends on this board who ARE actually trying to live holy and chaste lives. I know that no ones comments were directed at any of these guys, but bear in mind that these comments can still be rather hurtful.

***steps off her soapbox***

littleflower+JMJ

yes ma'am :(

your completely right ice

i'm sorry to all if i was the cause of any of it.... i seriously wasn't trying to be mean or anything....but my post was just a reponse, so im sorry if it came out as more and was unchristian-like and the last thing i would want is to offend someone

i hope you accept my apology as i truly and sincerely apologize

::jmj goes and sits in corner for unintentionally misbehaving::

:unsure::unsure: :ph34r: :ph34r:

:blink:

**sees a blend of truths and half-truths together in hazy poorly written articles**

And yet you do nothing to refute the article, you only allege that it is poorly written and filled with half-truths. If it is so poorly written and not based solidly on truth, why don't you refute it instead of offering such a subjective non-argument?

Hey, just a reminder, this is a rather touchy subject here, try and be nice. I feel like some of the somewhat less than civil comments can be something of a slap in the face to our homosexual friends on this board who ARE actually trying to live holy and chaste lives. I know that no ones comments were directed at any of these guys, but bear in mind that these comments can still be rather hurtful.

Sometimes the truth hurts. I can recall a few times that I needed to be slapped in the face with the truth. The truth, spoken in love, is always good, even if it hurts. It is also good that you reminded us to remain civil. Personal attacks are no way to get our message across, and unfortunatly we fall into that often.

Also, "homosexual" friends on this board who are trying to lived chaste lives preferred to be called "suffering from same sex attraction." I hate to be PC, but I think it is important to not identify those who are trying to remain chaste with those who embrace the lifestyle.

Friday, Because I don't care about making arguments here anymore...I don't feel this board makes a difference. Everyone who knows me personally regardless of the views I hold believes I am a very open person, and people here pride themselves on not being open, on knowing the truth so I say my peace and that's it. Those articles basically say that being gay = being a sex crazed watersports loving maniac, just nuts.

Ummmm . . . FreeSoul, we ARE open to people. We are NOT open to sin. Homosexual activity is a sin, simple as that. That's what God says, not us. We just go by what God says. Those articles do NOT refer to those with same sex attractions in general. Rather, they refer to those who choose not to live chaste lives the way God intended. And sexual sins of any kind can lead one down a slippery slope.

Jake Huether

Those articles basically say that being gay = being a sex crazed watersports loving maniac, just nuts.

FreeSoul, these areticles aren't refering to the chaste homosexual population. They aren't refering to you. These "statistics" are specific to the homosexuals who are openly and flagrantly gay (i.e. livin' la vida loca... i.e. actively living the gay lifestyle... i.e. you get the picture).

These areticles aren't denying their bias. They are NOT denying that there is a chaste homosexual population. They make every effort to pretty much explicitly describe what the gay's are doing in order to achieve certain statistics.

You have to remember that these "statistics" are based on what homosexuals are saying in their "polls" and "surveys". But what you must realize is that it is the actively gay and openly sinfull homosexuals that are the ones that respond to these polls. They know it, and we should know it.

It doesn't reflect chaste homosexuals.

IcePrincessKRS

I didn't find your comment insulting, Flowery (though I can't speak for others of course), I understood the point of it. :)

And Luke, I apologize for not using the "PC" term of "suffering from same sex attractions"--it just didn't occur to me when I was writing that. Thank you for the correction. :) (The truth does need to be stated, but it can be done nicely, too. ;) )

I know sometimes people get sensitive or carried away with these touchy subjects so I was just trying to keep the peace.

Friday, Because I don't care about making arguments here anymore...I don't feel this board makes a difference. Everyone who knows me personally regardless of the views I hold believes I am a very open person, and people here pride themselves on not being open, on knowing the truth so I say my peace and that's it. Those articles basically say that being gay = being a sex crazed watersports loving maniac, just nuts.

It's good to be open minded, so as long as the brain does not fall out. <paraphrase of an Einstein quote>

Going against the teachings of the Church, is not open minded.

Your arguments haven't held up to the truth. Your experiance that you base your arguments seem to come from a very small sample of the real world.

Why not just stop reading articles like this unless you can bring something fruitful to the table... fruitful in the Church's view, not your view.

The Church speaks for Christ; those who love Christ change for Christ. Those who are loyal to the Church on this board do not want to see people who call themselves Catholic going against Church teachings.

If someone who calls themselves Catholic feels that the Church is wrong, then it would be more fruitful for that person to ask questions and saying that they do not understand why the Church teaches what it teaches... If a person did that, they would be open minded....

A person who says the Church is wrong, is not open minded at all, on the contrary, they are closed minded and do not care what Jesus has to say about it.

Ignorance is not bliss.

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary

ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

FreeSoul, if you're not willing to accept the Church's teaching on homosexual activity (or, for that matter, on ANY issue), then you shouldn't be receiving the sacraments. Number one, willfully disagreeing with (not struggling with) teachings is a mortal sin -- it's called heresy. It's a mortal sin because it's putting your feelings and opinions before God. Number two, Holy Communion signifies union with the Church that Christ founded. Making a choice to disagree with Church teaching causes one not to be in union with It, and so it just wouldn't be appropriate to receive Holy Communion under those circumstances.

If you continue to receive Holy Communion despite your disagreements, you, in the words of St. Paul, "eat and drink judgment on [yourself.]"

I'm praying for you.