An Old School Catholic Message Board

Homosexuality, In Your Face

ironmonk

:(

Please stop the fighting

There is no fighting.

The truth is stated... some do not like the truth...

Truth is not subject to emotion. The truth still remains if people do not like it or not.

If someone states 2 + 2 = 1... I have an obligation to correct them if I love them.

The fruits of charity are joy, peace, and mercy; charity demands beneficence and fraternal correction; it is benevolence; it fosters reciprocity and remains disinterested and generous; it is friendship and communion:

Love is itself the fulfillment of all our works. There is the goal; that is why we run: we run toward it, and once we reach it, in it we shall find rest.108

http://www.usccb.org/catechism/text/pt3sec...t1chpt1art7.htm

God Bless,

ironmonk

revolutionoflove

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?smile.gif

Lil Red, someone just told me that "ignorance is bliss" and I was wondering how to respond...your quote says it perfectly!

Edited by Lil Red

llrddvl, someone just told me that "ignorance is bliss" and I was wondering how to respond...your quote says it perfectly!

I'm glad I could help. One of my favorite quotes by John Singleton:

"Take a stroll down any college campus, walking through the dorms and apartments you can hear the music of America. Rhythms that drive heads KINKY and STRAIGHT to bob in tune. Voices that rise to express our angers, fears, and loves. The sounds we hear are always changing. Our music at once reminds and makes us forget how different we are.

--ALWAYS QUESTION THE KNOWLEDGE--

Its source and purpose. Ignorance is not bliss."

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and since you all obviously have been thinking about this topic a lot, I wonder if you might be able to help me. Recently, I found out my cousin is a lesbian. She and I grew up together, and I consider her to be like an older sister, but it seems that she needs more guidance these days than I do. I am struggling with finding the right words to say to my cousin to show her the destructive path she is choosing for her life. I am hesitant because I want her to know I still love her and I am afraid to say anything disapproving because I don't want to push her away. Now, she is pushing all of her family away. She is only 19 and she is planning on not coming home for christmas (she is at college) and she never calls anyone anymore. Any thoughts on what I could say to her to maybe open her eyes a little bit and let her know how i feel, and more importantly how GOD feels? She is very stubborn, so I don't want to slap her in the face with what I might say just yet. Thanks a lot!

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and since you all obviously have been thinking about this topic a lot, I wonder if you might be able to help me. Recently, I found out my cousin is a lesbian. She and I grew up together, and I consider her to be like an older sister, but it seems that she needs more guidance these days than I do. I am struggling with finding the right words to say to my cousin to show her the destructive path she is choosing for her life. I am hesitant because I want her to know I still love her and I am afraid to say anything disapproving because I don't want to push her away. Now, she is pushing all of her family away. She is only 19 and she is planning on not coming home for christmas (she is at college) and she never calls anyone anymore. Any thoughts on what I could say to her to maybe open her eyes a little bit and let her know how i feel, and more importantly how GOD feels? She is very stubborn, so I don't want to slap her in the face with what I might say just yet. Thanks a lot!

Hi guys,

How religious is she, or is she? :huh:

Hi guys,

Hi guys,

Hi guys, ...

Edit: D'OH!! Sorry about multiple posts! I kept getting errors and knowing what to do. Sorry... :(

Edited by nikkan_hanil

wow, I've never seen so many posts.....

Ok. TELL HER, you love her. Then explain that you'll help her through whatever she's going through. Explain what's ok and what isn't and help her carry whatever cross God has given her right now.

"How religious is she"

Well, she is a christian (or was) I don't really know what she thinks about it all now. I think she knows deep down what she is doing is wrong, and I don't feel uncomfortable bringing God into it, but I am afraid she might say my info is misconstrued and I don't know how to defend my stance very well. ( I have a hard time doing that in general; I don't have much of a backbone)

"How religious is she"

Well, she is a christian (or was) I don't really know what she thinks about it all now. I think she knows deep down what she is doing is wrong, and I don't feel uncomfortable bringing God into it, but I am afraid she might say my info is misconstrued and I don't know how to defend my stance very well. ( I have a hard time doing that in general; I don't have much of a backbone)

You both and her family are in my prayers.

Maybe ask questions, that she will have to really think about. There are many factors that have played a part in this... but if she believes in God, then that might make it a little easier in helping her. Do some research before you talk to her... and when you do ask questions.

Here are a few links that might help:

http://www.ScriptureCatholic.com

Homosexuality and Hope

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/...ity/ho0039.html

Reasons to Believe

http://catholiceducation.org/articles/apol...ics/ap0002.html

Courage, an apostolate of the Roman Catholic Church:

http://www.couragerc.net/

Various Articles

http://www.catholiceducation.org/directory...lity/index.html

If she does believe in God, then maybe bring up what makes something right or wrong is God.

The Catholic Church teaches that those who have ssa (same sex attractions) that God is calling them to be chaste.

If you can, be in person and make sure that you're very sincere. Over the phone, and by email could be bad because she can't tell your "tone".

God Bless, Your Servant in Christ,

ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

hyperdulia again

Lady, I think you should point her to Courage the Church's Apostolate for SSA Catholics, and show her the pertinent Catechism passages.

I think it is coragerc.net

I would be careful if I were you not to come off judgemental, because sometimes in our zeal to bring people to God we can turn people off even more than they were to start with.