An Old School Catholic Message Board

Augustinian Communities For Women Around The Globe

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

I am very attracted to Augustinian spirituality and I was wondering what other female OSA communities there are?  These are the only ones I'm aware of so far:

Sisters of St. Rita (Racine, WI)

Augustinian Nuns (New Lenox, IL)

Augustinian Sister Servants of Jesus and Mary (Philippines)

Augustinian Recollect Sisters (Philippines)

Augustinian Contemplative Nuns (Philippines)

Canonesses of St. Augustine of the Mercy of Jesus (England)

Are there any others?  I'm looking for those that are under the Order of St. Augustine -- not those that follow the Rule of St. Augustine.  ;)

OnlySunshine
Me too!! ( not willing to travel to the Philppines however)

Understandable.  I'm really wanting to know if there are any others in the USA that I don't know about.  :)

In case there is any interest, there is also an Augustinian Secular Order.  This is a link to a pretty good overview brochure from the Canadian OSA Seculars... if you are in USA or another country, there may well be a community near you.  I can put you in contact with some on the West Coast, and I am pretty sure they are on the East Coast as well....

http://www.villavallelonga.com/canada/MarylakeShrine/Secular/SecularAugustinians.htm

OnlySunshine
In case there is any interest, there is also an Augustinian Secular Order.  This is a link to a pretty good overview brochure from the Canadian OSA Seculars... if you are in USA or another country, there may well be a community near you.  I can put you in contact with some on the West Coast, and I am pretty sure they are on the East Coast as well....

http://www.villavallelonga.com/canada/MarylakeShrine/Secular/SecularAugustinians.htm

If it comes to the point where I am no longer discerning a religious vocation, I will check into the Lay Augustinians.  :)

Secular Order vocations are different vocations, Mater, but they are VERY valid vocations.   That link does a real good job of explaining this.   It is a vocation approved by the Church.  (yeah, dUSt, I know you only want religious & priestly vocations posted here, but sheesh.... Rome says Secular Order members have a vocation to this way of life....)

If there is more interst in knowing more about this vocation, I can put something in open mic.... just ask.  End plug ;)

-------------

There have been many times when I was very aware that God was usign me to bring the charism of my Order to places that a priest, nun, sister or brother could not have gone.  Where only a LAY person with the vocation to my Order would have been effective.  And that is a humbling yet wonderous thing....

Ask God to make it clear to which He is calling you.   He does the inviting..... ;)

Prayers.... for all of you.  Happy to help if I can....

Edited by AnneLine

I knew that!   And I think you should keep pursuing a vocation as a sister until/unless God tells you otherwise!!!! 

(dUSt is the one who has some concerns, and he owns Phatmass, so I don't want to tread too heavily on his toes.  He might take a holly berry stick to me!)   ;)   

I am an evil beast, yes I am.....   :brutebeast:

Prayers for you and all discerners!

Edited by AnneLine

• 2 weeks later...
The second link New Lenox Ill.Mater listed is broken..

It appears that their domain subscription expired.  :(