An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Catholic Movies On Netflix Instant Play

Gabriela

PhuturePriest

Two wonderful ones are Therese and John of the Cross, both available for instant stream. They are both excellent and done by Leonardo Defilipis. The Passion of the Christ is also on there, and though it isn't Catholic and has a Protestant-ism here or there, Fireproof is also on instant stream and it's a movie I really enjoy.

Edited by FuturePriest387

Basilisa Marie

Leonardo Defilipis lives in the next town over from me, and the actress who played Therese went to my high school.  :)   I was friends with his son. 

"The Way" is a good movie about a dad going on a pilgrimage to remember his son. :)

PhuturePriest
Leonardo Defilipis lives in the next town over from me, and the actress who played Therese went to my high school.   :)   I was friends with his son. 

"The Way" is a good movie about a dad going on a pilgrimage to remember his son. :)

:notworthy:

I would die happy if I met Leonardo Defilipis.

Basilisa Marie
:notworthy:

I would die happy if I met Leonardo Defilipis.

Lol, his St. Luke Productions does really awesome one person plays.  I think I remember him doing St. Francis of Assisi at my parish one year.  

Well, next time you're in the Archdiocese of Portland, OR, I'll try to introduce ya.  

Anywho.  Yeah.  Catholics live in a very, very small world.   :)

Also try searching for The Bells of St. Mary's.  I think that one's on Instant.  Just try searching the titles of any classic movies, those tend to be on instant. 

Edited by Basilisa Marie

Lol, his St. Luke Productions does really awesome one person plays.  I think I remember him doing St. Francis of Assisi at my parish one year.  

Well, next time you're in the Archdiocese of Portland, OR, I'll try to introduce ya.  

Also try searching for The Bells of St. Mary's.  I think that one's on Instant.  Just try searching the titles of any classic movies, those tend to be on instant. 

I'm a new Catholic. I don't know which movies are "classic". A list of those would be helpful, too. :-)

PhuturePriest

He's amazing at one person plays, isn't he? There was one of him recently where he was acting as Christ throughout his life (Though I'm not sure if it went to his Passion or not; it was perhaps just the years of Jesus' ministry).

And oh yes, the actual topic of the thread! The Bells of Saint Mary's is on there, as well as Going My Way, both of which are completely amazing and worth it.

An alleged Catholic film on instant stream worth not watching ever in your life: Saint of 9/11.

An alleged Catholic film on instant stream worth not watching ever in your life: Saint of 9/11.

Why? What's wrong with it? I saw that one last night on the Netflix list and thought it looked interesting...

And what about the one about Maximilian Kolbe? I'm really not into Holocaust stuff, but if it's mostly about him and his life as opposed to the usual Holocaust movie thing, I'd like to learn more about him.

BTW: Did this thread inspire you to watch Therese again and then post about crying "manly tears"? ;-)

PhuturePriest
Why? What's wrong with it? I saw that one last night on the Netflix list and thought it looked interesting...

And what about the one about Maximilian Kolbe? I'm really not into Holocaust stuff, but if it's mostly about him and his life as opposed to the usual Holocaust movie thing, I'd like to learn more about him.

BTW: Did this thread inspire you to watch Therese again and then post about crying "manly tears"? ;-)

It's pretty pro-gay.

That one is good too. I didn't know it was on Netflix until last night.

Indeed! Then I had a literal sob session for nearly an hour and I wanted to post about it, haha.

Indeed! Then I had a literal sob session for nearly an hour and I wanted to post about it, haha.

Well, don't feel too bad. The last time I watched The Sound of Music, I started bawling when Mother Abbess forced Maria to leave the abbey. As soon as I felt it welling up, I shouted (alone in my apartment), "WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!?!"

LOL.

PhuturePriest
Well, don't feel too bad. The last time I watched The Sound of Music, I started bawling when Mother Abbess forced Maria to leave the abbey. As soon as I felt it welling up, I shouted (alone in my apartment), "WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!?!"

LOL.

That's still not as bad as sobbing for an hour. :P Though I must say I did really enjoy it. I have always struggled with trying to cry, and it was nice to finally have normal human emotions.

Is that the one with Martin Sheen? I want to see that.

There Be Dragons should still be available for streaming.  It's not really a Catholic movie, but it's a movie about Catholics. Features St. Josemaria Escriva. It's good, not great, def worth a watch.  Has violence

Edited by Maximilianus