An Old School Catholic Message Board

Isn't More Gun Control The Obvious Solution? Yes, Yes It Is.

dairygirl4u2c

Wait, is that a thing, where you are? The token hardcore racist kid in class?

There's more than one "token" racist kid, he was just the most blatant usually, and even he thought what they did to Rodney King was wrong.

Sixteen. If the LA riots happened in the early nineties, that means they happened before I was born (1996).

FP, you and my freshmen need to stop making me feel old... :|

Groo the Wanderer
And thus our problem — why are we so damn concerned about guns themselves instead of taking care of the flooping societal problems that lead to these events in the first place?

Agreed:

put prayer back in schools

outlaw the IRS

disband the dept of education

demolish the teacher's unions

outlaw abortion

institute public floggings

seriously.  in a culture of death where the most vulnerable of humans are killed daily without a second thought, why are we surprised when a school shooting occurs?  no respect for life, womb to tomb.

stupid libs

I don't care what you say or what your opinion is....I'm keeping my son's daisy red Ryder BB gun right next to my bed. I love in low income housing and I'm single..with my kid or is sometimes here sometimes he is not. And that is just the way it it.

dairygirl4u2c

"20 minutes for first responders to arrive.

that tells the story there and nullifies every single thing you posted DG."

actually it doesn't. i never said we should ban guns. (i did toy with the idea) we can still arm principals, give guns to those who are not criminals etc. that means the good guys can shoot the bad guys even in your scenarios.

this stuff is not complicated. most gun violence occurs in domestic disputes, where if there was no gun to begin with, there'd have been no deaths etc. if we can reduce the number of guns out there, then, which we can with gun control, we'll reduce the number of deaths. most criminals aren't these black capes who run to get every illegal gun they can get.... most are regular folk who turn bad,which means they probably won't be as likely to get illegal guns cause they're usually pretty well law abiding to begin with, and obstacles will deter them from guns, at least mroe frequently.

if AKs were outlawed, the mother of that recent shooter very well may not have had it, i'd guess she wouldn't have. that means he'd have used a pistol, which means there'd have been very deaths.

sure people will find other ways to kill... but when we put obstacles in their way, there's no way but to have an impact in lessening it.

sure we can address our underlying cultural and moral problems... but that doesn't mean we can use control too, in the mean time and overall. thered be no way but to have an effect.

i'm still waiting for serious arguments to what i posted.

but what i've posted is pretty ironclad... so it's no surprise all i see are half thoughts and mushy ideas as counters.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

Fidei Defensor
Agreed:

put prayer back in schools

outlaw the IRS

disband the dept of education

demolish the teacher's unions

outlaw abortion

institute public floggings

seriously.  in a culture of death where the most vulnerable of humans are killed daily without a second thought, why are we surprised when a school shooting occurs?  no respect for life, womb to tomb.

stupid libs

We don't need sanctioned prayer in schools. You are always free to pray and no one can stop you.

dairygirl4u2c

the pro gun guy in that video had weak arguments. (the host wasn't too great in responding though, which is why half of news shows are worth sh*t)

we need AKs or assault rifles etc, because of a potential threat of government tyranny? i addressed that earlier... why should we allow a current reality of gun violence with assault rifles to be trumped by a far fetched scenario of tryanny etc? yes, history is replete with all that... but it's not on the foreseeable horizan. even teh pro gun advocate in the video acnowledged the last three or four major shooting episodes were from assault rifles. we're allowing people to die and dneying the majority's right to safetly.... to protect a minoirty right, due to a far fetched scenario. we should focus on current reality.

he also used weak arguments. "if we're gonna ban assault rifles why not all guns?". even he said he thought automatics should be banned... so based on his own logic, all guns should be banned? the same reason he woujdn't ban all guns is hte same reason everyone else woudln't... as the host said, we respect gun rights.

every right in our country has limitation. even the first amendment has exceptions, free speech. there's five classic exceptions, which include public decency, fighting words, crying fire in a theatore type stuff etc etc. there's no reason the second amendment shouldn't have its limits as well.

Guns were created to kill. There is no denying this or sweeping it under the rug. This is what illuminates my opinions on the matter. Guns are and will always be a tool used for death.

death is a positive thing when it is a delicious animal

PhuturePriest
the pro gun guy in that video had weak arguments. (the host wasn't too great in responding though, which is why half of news shows are worth sh*t)

we need AKs or assault rifles etc, because of a potential threat of government tyranny? i addressed that earlier... why should we allow a current reality of gun violence with assault rifles to be trumped by a far fetched scenario of tryanny etc? yes, history is replete with all that... but it's not on the foreseeable horizan. even teh pro gun advocate in the video acnowledged the last three or four major shooting episodes were from assault rifles. we're allowing people to die and dneying the majority's right to safetly.... to protect a minoirty right, due to a far fetched scenario. we should focus on current reality.

he also used weak arguments. "if we're gonna ban assault rifles why not all guns?". even he said he thought automatics should be banned... so based on his own logic, all guns should be banned? the same reason he woujdn't ban all guns is hte same reason everyone else woudln't... as the host said, we respect gun rights.

every right in our country has limitation. even the first amendment has exceptions, free speech. there's five classic exceptions, which include public decency, fighting words, crying fire in a theatore type stuff etc etc. there's no reason the second amendment shouldn't have its limits as well.

If we keep gun rights, tyranny likely will not be a problem. Why? Because we will have guns rights! There are only a few million people in our military compared to hundreds of millions of Americans. Trained or untrained, numbers speak volumes, and they can't kill us all. Do not be so unbelievably ignorant as to think that tyranny in America is impossible. It's happened to every single major power in the history of the world. What makes America so special in your eyes?

Fidei Defensor
death is a positive thing when it is a delicious animal

I doubt many handgun owners are hunting with them.

I doubt many handgun owners are hunting with them.

If you are hunting for wild hogs, you would be an idiot to not bring along a powerful handgun.

Fidei Defensor
If you are hunting for wild hogs, you would be an idiot to not bring along a powerful handgun.

i said many, not all.