An Old School Catholic Message Board

"spring Into Service" With The Little Sisters Of The Poor

DameAgnes

I wish I could do this but I don't have any health insurance which is a requirement.  :(

i don't either, but I think this year every one is going to be required to with Obamacare .. :/

ChristinaTherese
I am considering doing this for six weeks this summer. If anyone else is interested please let me know! :)

I'm thinking of doing it for a while this summer too.

Anyone who is thinking about this - come and be welcome!  It is a way to meet the Lord. 

On the main USA websith there are a few comments from young women who have had the experience.  They are encouraging.  Not one of them was sorry whe did it - neither were we - and certainly, neither were our residents! 

ChristinaTherese
How do they expect young women to have health insurance? i.e.- if they are students etc

I, at least, have health insurance by way of my dad. I would assume that that's the case for most other college students.

I truly wish I had health insurance.  If I were attending the university, I would be able to purchase student insurance from the school but I won't be transferring until either Summer or the Fall.  I'm too old to receive my dad's insurance (over 27) and I can't afford my own private insurance yet.  :(

Oh wow! this looks amazing and I would love to do it. Although I do not currently have health insurance and I am not sure it would be prudent for me at this point in my life. Also I am thinking that this could side-track me from my preparations for entering Postulancy.

How do they expect young women to have health insurance? i.e.- if they are students etc

Many times student health insurance plans cover you year round (ie my spring health insurance will cover me until the fall etc). Others are still on their parents insurance.

• 3 weeks later...
Katiebobatie94

I am considering doing this for six weeks this summer. If anyone else is interested please let me know! :)

NO! You are not "considering it". You and I are doing this. Lol. I just did my application :P

• 4 months later...
Mary's Child

Will there be another service opportunity program in the Fall or Winter? I would like to do this.