An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anne Line's Kitchen Table - Serving Up Randomness

AnneLine

Hi, all,

I've been thinking of a random thread for a while, and this seems like the moment.

I'm AnneLine, and welcome to my kitchen table.

Had a spiritual director a few years back who said that sometimes he felt when talking to me he was sitting around God and my kitchen table.  I think that was a real compliment, because that's where the heart of a home really is.   Nothing special seems to happen there... or does it?

Make yourself comfortable.... let me get you something to eat or drink.  

Sorry if the place is a bit messy, but if I waited to have you over till it was perfect.... never would start this thread!  So, just shove the stuff to the side, and let's start talking!

Messy-Table-3-300x231.jpg

OF ALL THE TIMES to be out of props!   GRRRRR!!!!!!

Those are fantastic pix, ARFink... wonder who you snapped with your video camera....

I'll claim the orange tabby with the pingpong set for my own.... who else will own up?

AND HOW DID YOU GET MY RECIPE FOR ONION SOUP????????    Sheesh!

ChristinaTherese

I was just wanting to be drinking tea with someone.... So maybe I'll join you here, with a cup of mint tea with just a little bit of honey.

Found that one on the Internet, BG... but it sure looks like my own... and my desk and we won't even TALK about the garage or hall closet, OK?  (There's a reason I went out hunting for help a few Lents, ago, obviously... pray for me...)

Christina Therese, glad you brought your tea; same with you and the ginger ale, ARFink.

I can offer everyone EXCEPT me some coffee... I'm trying to cut back a bit.  grrr. 

I guess we'll make mine  

fiji_water_taste.jpg

... at least for a while...

While we hang out and try to figure out where in the random we go from here, might send a prayer in this direction.... for Ethan, his family, and for the guy who is holding him hostage....

http://news.yahoo.com/boy-held-hostage-alabama-bunker-third-day-officials-011415201.html

I've got some ideas for the thread, but anyone have anything in particular they'd like to see in here?

Edited by AnneLine

I'ma just sit in a corner and have my hot flashes like a good girl til I'm well enough to play with everyone else. Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Missy, I have a heater/fan in my kitchen....

hlshfh105um_1_1.jpg

You are welcome to turn it on yourself and make your personal space comfortable for you.  Really. 

ARFink... there are rumors that it MIGHT NOT BE GINGER ALE in that glass.  Do we trust you?  I dont think the TSA does...

Maybe we'll have to WATCH you make it to be sure....  you sure do remind me of Alton Brown sometimes, you know?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/ginger-ale-recipe/index.html

EA1212_Ginger-Ale_lg.jpg

MissScripture

Here's an interesting onion soup recipe for those days when you can't have any meat, which in an increasing number of US dioceses is every Friday. I know here in MN we've all been asked by the archbishop to abstain on every Friday now.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/department-store-onion-soup/detail.aspx

705652.jpg

He said that? Good to know.