An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anne Line's Kitchen Table - Serving Up Randomness

AnneLine

Well, today is Candlemas! 

I've always loved the idea of having blessed candles around... something very warm & comforting in that.  

Need to think about this.....

Last year I got some bright red ones blessed for the Dining room...

4_Red_Candles_by_Blood_Huntress.gif

To Jesus Through Mary

cool-innovative-kitchen-gadgets.jpg

That is such an awesome idea!! I want one!!

Papist, where do you find all of these things?

and AL glad you made your own thread! 

That is such an awesome idea!! I want one!!

Papist, where do you find all of these things?

and AL glad you made your own thread! 

New invention called the internet....thanks to Al Gore

Good one, Papist!   I agree... you must have a full time hobby of hunting awesome things!

Welcome, TJTM!    Pour yourself some coffee or bring something you like and come hang out.   Not got much time today... have to... uh...  triage the house and get a bunch of stuff done....  but will try to stop in from time to time. 

Edited by AnneLine

Found that one on the Internet, BG... but it sure looks like my own... and my desk and we won't even TALK about the garage or hall closet, OK?  (There's a reason I went out hunting for help a few Lents, ago, obviously... pray for me...)

Will do!  And maybe there are many of us whose tables are a tad cluttered?  :)  And hall closets, and garages...and...

(No you don't want to see my closet!  It is packed!)

Yup, I know that feeling, BG. 

Lent is coming...I'm planning a FLYLady Lenten challenge this year.   Time to tackle some of my disordered stuff.

Think we might be able to get poor Lazarus to come out if we work the problem a little bit, BG? 

I'd hate to think of him trapped in the back of our closets (or buried on our tables) forever....

Meanwhile, someone just sent me this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAlzRl_wh8Y

Edited by AnneLine

ChristinaTherese

Can I sit here with my paper for school? Maybe I'll be less sour about having to edit it if I have company.... (Also, maybe if I just get started already. :p) I'll try not to be sour. I think I can get through it if I just start already. (I'm just having a sultry afternoon. I love Mass, I do not love working with stupid philosophy stuff.)

Absolutely, CT.... you might even be able to get some help if you get stuck... we have some philosopher types who hang around here.  What are you writing about?

Spent my afternoon getting some backed up paperwork done (euck!) and doing some spiritual direction.  The latter is so much more energizing than the paperwork.... 

Now need to have dinner & then get my Christmas stuff put away.  CHRISTMAS COOKIES?  YES!!!!  I probably have some Christmas chocolate left, too!

(Yes, I do know it is February.  But I'm gonna put on some Christmas music and party anyway.   Kind of a nice jazz and warm fire will help a lot....)  

I think this will make putting the crud away so much more enjoyable....!!!!  

AnneLine is nothing if not a unique individual.)

If anyone does NOT want Christmas music, please bring your own headphones....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUlwJ00UeLk

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

Edited by AnneLine

ChristinaTherese

I'm editing a paper about Bacon and Voltaire and their views on faith vs. reason and individual vs. society. I think I'll just curl up by the fire and enjoy the music for a while until I'm done. (Thanks for the music! ;) ) I'm not generally into jazz, but it should make for a nice background to editing. And I've finally started, so we have progress.