An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anne Line's Kitchen Table - Serving Up Randomness

AnneLine

ChristinaTherese

Pass number one is done! Now I just have to put it on the computer. I'm afraid that it's too late, so that's all this paper gets in the way of editing. (I refuse to work on it tomorrow. ;) )

Annie!!!!

I think I'm up over the hill now!!!

Finally. This is the first night since Tuesday I'm not running a fever. I'm hoping it sticks this time.

Thanks for hanging in there with me. It's truly been one hand washing the other lately, huh?

And a healthy dose of sanitizer.  Yes.  ;)

Hope you are feeling a LOT better by tomorrow!  

That's a very odd cold bug.  One of my friends and I agreed that it really is almost like having a pet cold... 

It comes, and you start to bark. 

Next it likes to crawl on your lap; you shove it off. 

It tries to stick its cold wet nose on the back of your leg.  Grrrr.  You toss some hot tea at it.

Just when you think you've chased it off, it curls up on yout feet.  

And it's strong, too....

how_helps_congested.jpg

I've been thinking, Missy;  maybe you ought to go buy a leash and wave it near the door.  When it comes running over, panting and grinning, thinking it is going for a walk....just shove the cold bug outside and slam the door!

I certainly hope you & Brian don't end up like this; you wouldn't look good as a blonde....

MrMucus.jpg

Edited by AnneLine

ChristinaTherese

Done! (Well, mostly. I'm going to run one thing past a friend first.) And, to add a little extra niceness to the night, I ended up singing with a friend (the same one I want to run a paragraph past) for a little bit not to long ago.

I'm not at all sure that I want to go to 8 AM Mass though.... That would give me five hours of sleep. Maybe I'll just go at 11 at a different parish....

Excellent - glad you were able to get it done!

We're going to an 11 as well.... we can pray together. :)  (except we might be in different time zones....)

One last thing to leave you all with...

Will you check out these post it notes!!!!   They have a picture of ME!!!!  :brutebeast:

http://perpetualpass...by-sticky-note/

post-it-war-1.jpg?w=860

Edited by AnneLine

ChristinaTherese

Excellent - glad you were able to get it done!

We're going to an 11 as well.... we can pray together. :)  (except we might be in different time zones....)

One last thing to leave you all with...

Will you check out these post it notes!!!!   They have a picture of ME!!!!  :brutebeast:

http://perpetualpass...by-sticky-note/

post-it-war-1.jpg?w=860

Nice!

And we're in the same timezone so, yup, we can pray together. :nunpray:

(And I'm technically supposed to have read something else by Monday morning.... Maybe I'll wake up early and try to do it, and maybe not. But I shan't do it tomorrow.)

Edited by Christina Thérèse

I INTERRUPT THE COMMERCIALS TO SPEAK A BIT ABOUT THE GAME...

Reprinted from the Superbowl Thread:

Hey, they're my team... what am I suposed to do???? (Go 9ers)

I'm suggesting an 'ecumenical' menu might be in order....

• Clam chowder in Sourdough French Bread Bowls (SF)

• Crabcakes (Baltimore)

• Red Beans and Rice (New Orleans)....

• Obligatory Buffalo Wings.

• All American Apple Pie and Ice Cream...

mmmmmm Everybody hungry now?

I'm sure seeing a LOT of red out here on the West Coast! Mass today was a Christmas-like look of people dressed for Ordinary Time and people dressed for Superbowl time. :buddies2:

Hopefully nobody from the surrounding towns will come in to trash SF this time, win or lose. It is SO IRRITATING when that happens.... Either way, I'll hear the shouting and celebrating from up on my hill rising up from SF.... plan to watch a bit, enjoy the commercials, and do some paper sorting.... and EAT! :)

Would actually like to ask for a few prayers -- when the Giants won the Series last summer, a bunch of out-of-towners did trash a lot of the poorer parts of SF.... It was unnecessary, and we WON that game... So please do pray that people have fun, and behave sensibly. 

The Mayor has asked the alcohol serving restaurants and bars to please be sensible in the amounts of stuff they serve and who they serve it to....

Something tells me that is going to be less than successful, but give the guy credit for trying....

To Jesus Through Mary

Sorry about your team AL...

BTW I have not been using Sparkpeople all that much these days. I got a new app on my phone that I am tracking with now called My Fitness Pal. It is awesome! I track all of my workouts and nutrition, weights, measurements, and more. It has a library of over 750k food items. I still get the daily exercise from Sparkpeople that has taught me some awesome stretches, but the sight overall, I just never got into. But I am making it to the gym 4-5 times a week! Woot!

Hey, how are you holding up these days anyway? I know last month was a bit down... hope things are looking up! 

ChristinaTherese

Boston got trashed so much around some games or other while I lived there.... I hope SF stays okay this year. :nunpray:

Alpaca-lypse, BG?   I love it!!!!

TJTM, I'm doing well, but between playing catch up from losing a few weeks to 'bereavement overload' (just too much in too short a time) and preparing for the next few weeks, I'm a little tempted toward unhealty overdrive.  But I'm still trying to do stuff one thing at a time.  Right now we have CARPENTERS THUMPING OUTSIDE and they are about to drive me MAD!!!!

Did OK on the post-game madness... I gather the police simply told a bunch of Ravens fans who wanted to party big-time that it wasn't a good idea, and go play elsewhere... defused most of the potential for grumpy fighting.  A few arrests, but apparently not too much serious stuff.  I'm sure everyone's prayers helped!

Spent a lot of weekend getting stuff ready for the upcoming Lenten FLYlady challenge.  Looking good....

Now, if only my house did... I'm a few hours short of her goal of people being '15 minutes worth of messy' for unexpected visitors....

Pray for me....  will have a friend in the city soon and want to be able to PLAY!!!!