An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anne Line's Kitchen Table - Serving Up Randomness

AnneLine

brianthephysicist

Dumbest kitchen gadget ever.

07.jpg

I think it's pretty cool.  I don't think I'd pay the money for it, but it's still pretty cool.

I think it's pretty cool.  I don't think I'd pay the money for it, but it's still pretty cool.

Does a hamburger really need tomatoes and lettuce stuffed in it?

It doesn't need it, but it could be tasty, Papist. 

My gut (and my taste buds) tell me it was being marketed at the people who are trying to live the bread-less lifestyle.  Poor things.

I'd think you could do it on a George Foreman grill, though, and I love that thing!   Do almost anything in there....

Might have to give the concept a test drive, just for the sake of SCIENCE, right Brian?

Mmmmmmmm.....  has some possibilities.....

More likely to use this to make it into panini however...   my pet George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling machine!

George-Foreman-Champ-Grill.jpg

truly a remarkable little product -- will just make sandwiches for two.... gee... I guess if we had three people, someone would just have to go hungry.... or eat first.....

george_foreman.03.jpg

Edited by AnneLine

Interesting, it looks like it might be a pain to clean though. and frosting those little things....

I agree. Looks like the juice ain't worth the squeeze.

I agree - Theresa -- I can't imagine what a pain that would be to clean!

If you haven't checked recentl, I've had a guest visiting... info on some of our doing is on the ARFink Random 2 thread....

He knows how to post photos... I'm just a good cook & dish washer, but he is better on the techie stuff.... so far.   And he's pretty good about doing his share of the dishes, I must admit.  My husband and I are having a blast having him visit!

Loving the pictures! I'm sure there is some very tasty food between both of you cooking and the restruants in SF. (My family and I went to SF summer before last it was soo much fun. I did give my dad a hard time though about taking me to CA before I was 21. I did manage to get some wine while I was there but sadly no Irish coffees)

Loving the pictures! I'm sure there is some very tasty food between both of you cooking and the restruants in SF. (My family and I went to SF summer before last it was soo much fun. I did give my dad a hard time though about taking me to CA before I was 21. I did manage to get some wine while I was there but sadly no Irish coffees)

Glad you're enjoying the pictures, TT.... we have been having a great time and some pretty great food!

Have eaten at home a few days (Tony is VERY handy in a kitchen, with both cooking & cleaning up!) but we've also had a good time taking him to some of my husband and my favorite places.

We've enjoyed...

PASTA POMODORO

http://www.pastapomodoro.com/

LITTLE JOE'S PIZZA  (where the photos came from the other night...)

http://www.littlejoespizzeria.com/

and tonight we ordered Chinese take-out delivered (although they somehow managed to take a good hour longer than usual to deliver... go figure.....  but I figured I'd best innoculate him against Missy's & BG's cold.  This place has the honor of having had the entire neighborhood closed off a few years ago because President Clinton was coming to dinner.... and he raved about it.   :)   Not bad for a little tiny place in one of our less affluent neighborhoods....

http://www.jasmineteahouse.com/

Tommorow we will be taking the train to San Jose (a suburb about 50 miles south of here) to visit The Tech Museum of Innovation... and have lunch with a friend of mine.   

BRIAN you will be jealous....

http://www.thetech.org/

Well... I'm sure ARFink will have the pictures for you on his thread soon, but yesterday we traveled to San Jose to visit the Tech (Technological Museum of Innovation) and have lunch with my friend T.  

We had a great time exploring STUFF at The Tech

http://www.thetech.org/

And then we had lunch HERE on Friday...

http://www.gordonbiersch.com/default.aspx

thought of Papist and all the rest of you from the East Coast meetup.....Finally got ARFink the garlic fries and cheeseburger he'd been craving...

After a quick bus ride through San Francisco's Chinatown (where the preparations for Chinese New Year are going on at a frenzied pace... (and yes, at this time of year, it really DOES look like this....)

6724639201_ffa54482dd_b.jpg

(full story here...)

http://sf.streetsblog.org/2013/01/24/to-boost-shopping-in-chinatown-sf-brings-back-ban-on-car-parking/

ARFink got the total disconbobulation experience of leaving ^^^on one block and going to THIS on the next block:

Caffe-Greco.jpg

We visited the National Shrine of St. Francis and the 3/4 size Portiuncula replica they have erected....

http://www.shrinesf.org/

and said a prayer for all of you....

Then we rode the crazy SF Municipal  bus system "MUNI" to the Golden Gate Bridge... .and with the Lord's help, managed to get there just before sunset...

Then we headed for home and a fantastic dinner... the TACO CHEF himself fixed me Mexican food!!!!  

Pictures and recipies will follow....

Then we both collapsed.

I don't know about ARFink, but I was asleep a good 3 hours earlier than usual.... 5+ miles per day for the last 3 days is wearing me out... and I think him, too!  (BG, we are both wondering HOW IN THE HECK you can clock all the mileage you do!  Keep it up, Sir!!!)

I'm sure ARFink will have some better pictures for you on his thread.....

Edited by AnneLine

Yesterday was just a quiet day.  ARFink and I just needed to stop running around so much!  We did go to the top of San  Bruno Mountain with my husband, and ARFink got some great pictures (checkthe ARFink thread).  And then we hung out and chatted a bit with friends and made some great risotto and chard with bacon... and had ice cream.  What is not to like about a day like that!

Planning on spending some time with my husband this morning, and then later Tony and I will check out St. Dominic's Parish in San Francisco... and have some Indian food.   What is not to like about a candlelit mass?

I also put some time into preparing for Lent.... by getting things ready for a FLYLady challenge for Lent!    Will be starting a thread today or tomorrow about this in open mic, but if you haven't decided on just the perfect thing to give God for Lent, you may want to give this one a try.   I stumbled onto her website a few years ago when I was searching for something to do for Lent.  And she has transformed my life... even though I'm still working at incorporating her stuff into my life.   And thats why I want to make an effort to kick-start myself this Lent... and would love any of you who want to to join me!

I like to ADD something that I will keep as part of my ongoing spiritual life rather than take something away.   I do realize that there is a long tradition of 'giving something up for Lent' but it has never seemed to be a good thing to me.  (Everyone is different...)    A few years ago my husband and I started adding more fruits and veges to our diet as a Lenten penance.... and they're a big part of our meals now.  And that's agood thing to give to ourselves... and a reminder that God ultimately owns our 'vehicle manuals' -- if we run ourselves on better fuel, we can serve God Better.

So... if you're curious, watch for the FLYLady thread...