An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random Part Two!

arfink

1stPlaceSanFranciscoCableCars.jpg

Today is the day I'm packing my things. Soon I'll be in San Francisco. Actually tomorrow at 5 PM Pacific Time I'll be in San Francisco. :bounce: So. Excited.

However, there is one little nagging detail from work: (quoted from my G+ post)

The situation: the boss just decided to change the company logo days after I completed the reworking of our 2013 marketing materials.

The old logo was ugly, yes. It was blue and had a horrible "Dark Ages of AOL" kind of look to it. But at least everything was pretty consistent.

The new logo is also ugly. But it's now yellow and black. It's made with the IMPACT font. It would be laughably bad, except I'm gonna have to work with it. This will not, cannot be, a drop in replacement for any of the work I have done so far, and will require starting over completely from scratch.

And not just the 2013 marketing materials. It will require new everything. New website, new business cards, new marketing materials, new document templates, anything and everything that has ever had our logo or the color blue on it will need to be changed. Every. Single. Thing.

Guess who will have to do that? With only 5 hours a week of pay?

And the best part? Since I'm leaving to go to San Francisco tomorrow I will miss every single meeting in which we would be allowed to give feedback about the new logo.

EXPLETIVE PROFANITY POTTY POO!

Edited by arfink

brianthephysicist

1stPlaceSanFranciscoCableCars.jpg

Today is the day I'm packing my things. Soon I'll be in San Francisco. Actually tomorrow at 5 PM Pacific Time I'll be in San Francisco. :bounce: So. Excited.

However, there is one little nagging detail from work: (quoted from my G+ post)

You got this, dude.  Plus, when you get back, tell him if he wants it done then he needs to pay for the extra hours it's going to take, because, let's face it, it's going to take some serious extra time.

Yeah, I think it is about time for working a plan to explore how to explain to THEM that this is what you are worth... and this is what that would cost them on the open market... and let's work out SOMETHING a bit more equitable. 

At least some profit sharing, or something!

It's becoming a justice issue, frankly.  

They are hugely taking advantage of you.   You are not an indentured servant, ARFink....

My 2 cents (or at the rate you are being paid, my .0000002 cents....)

USA-California-San%20Francisco-231103247

Just a few more hours. :woot:

My mom helped to build the big brownish-black one on the right side, ARFink.  She was the secretary to the project manager... I remember that big boy as a 5 story hole in the ground...  and look at it now!

1336653789_width800_1080_030832_l.jpg

SF Trivia.   Anyone remember an old disaster movie called The Towering Inferno?

They used the B of A headquarters (the brown building)  as the outside for it.... and when you went thru the revolving doors.... suddenly it became the inside of the Hyatt Regency Hotel!

HyattSFSlide398Atrium_t346.jpg

Ironically, this was LONG before 9/11, and no one thought it could ever REALLY happen....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsRnQQpklPM

Edited by AnneLine

Well, I'm here in San Francisco. My most gracious host has put me in this lovely room- it's a very bright room. The camera makes it look darker because it's so darn bright it'd wash out otherwise.

Before too long we'll be taking the trip down the big hill into town, and the adventures will begin in earnest. :)

DSCN2611.JPG

Edited by arfink

brianthephysicist

USA-California-San%20Francisco-231103247

Just a few more hours. :woot:

Lol before I scrolled all the way down I thought "Man, somebody's been really busy with minecraft" lolololol

I'm glad to hear you're having a great time out there dude

0206131657.jpg

0206131726.jpg

0206131756.jpg

Here are some photos AnneLine took of me while we were on tour yesterday. She is a really good tour guide. :)

Edited by arfink

Hi, all!

Well, yes, ARFink made it here to the west coast, and he has set himself up in his comfortable digs.

However, I am NOT letting him sleep in this...

DSCN2611.JPG

I'm storing him in the basement (where he will never be found again without FLYLady's help, poor guy....)

but I have provided him with something warm to sleep in....

tumblr_m7y6tmgYpE1qdrqb5o1_500.jpg

He did ask that next time we order a pizza for him, please leave off the mushrooms and broccoli.    Some people complain about EVERYTHING....

We're really did take him out for some good pizza to EAT as well.... and my husband and I were happy to share it with him. 

For the record, the only reason we were attacking it with knives and forks is it was TOO HOT to eat without them... and we were VERY hungry. 

Walking thruough 5 miles of SF tourista spots will do that to one....

DSCN2692.JPG

No broccoli or mushrooms were harmed in the eating of this pizza...

Lol before I scrolled all the way down I thought "Man, somebody's been really busy with minecraft" lolololol

I'm glad to hear you're having a great time out there dude

rotfl!!!!  It DOES look like a Minecraft SF!!!

D'awwwwwwww,

That second to last one is the face I get when I'm in trouble. :|

Actually, Missy... this is the photo of an evil AnneLine about to get Tony into some trouble.  We actually avoided all the places sending WONDERFUL SF Chocolates... because I know he is much more likely to be tempted by the gummy side....   

I am holding a giant GUMMY BEAR with my most seductive evil spirit luring the helpless soul to the dark side look....

DSCN2687.JPG

Perhaps you do not recall the random pix photo thread of me in my 50K gummy bear seductress dress?

gummy-bear-dress.jpg

Will toss a few more comments in later... need to go fix something for us to eat.....  next on menu:  HOT CHOCOLATE! 

(Mike and I are still trying to tempt him to stay here....)

Edited by AnneLine