An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random Part Two!

arfink

What did you paint?

Someday I want to buy a giiiiiant roll of parchment and cover myself in paint and roll around. Seriously.

brianthephysicist

What did you paint?

Someday I want to buy a giiiiiant roll of parchment and cover myself in paint and roll around. Seriously.

We can do this.

Sorry I didn't post pictures from yesterday, I was worn out from painting a bunch, and then our 3 hour hike up the mountain. :)

My painting:

Linda's painting:

Going up the trail:

Amazing views:

Coming home before the sun goes down. We made it back with a little light to spare:

See all the rest of the pictures here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/105078442860410937744/SanFranciscoDay2?authuser=0&feat=directlink

AnneLine and the Hills and Busses and Trains of San Francisco  and San Jose wore poor ARFink out today.

I feel bad.

I am sure he will tell you all about it....  poor guy...  once he's got his batteries reved back up.... 

He's plugged into some music right now...

I think he did get some good pictures however...

Should have one that looks a whole lot like this... except he wasn't wearing white...  and we had better weather.

628x471.jpg

Edited by AnneLine

To Jesus Through Mary

So I was listening to Pandora and one of the ads was for some Protestant church and their slogan "Your faith, your way" .... ummmmmm some how I don't think it works that way??? 

So I was listening to Pandora and one of the ads was for some Protestant church and their slogan "Your faith, your way" .... ummmmmm some how I don't think it works that way??? 

One of the ways I walk back from college goes past a church where the slogan is "Church Made Easy". I'm always thinking "ummm, that's not really the point". 

More pics!

See them all at the link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/105078442860410937744/SanFranDays3And4?authuser=0&feat=directlink

OK, so the past couple days have been fun. Yesterday was our biggest day yet. Yesterday was our trip to San Jose. We went with Linda's friend Teresa. We went to the Tech museum and tried out their jetpack simulator and a few other things. It was a grand time. We also saw their Cathedral and went out for a very good lunch. Then we went back to san francisco on the train and went to the shrine of Saint Francis and chinatown and the golden gate bridge. It was a fine and dandy thing, until we tried to ride the bus back from the bridge. That was icky. The buses were packed full of people, with every seat filled, and an additional 20 people jammed into the aisles and door stairs. And apparently it's like that every day around that time. Well, towards the end I was forced to stand, and the driver was really terrible. I got carsick pretty bad. I didn't throw up, but nearly so. Linda felt so bad for me, and was cooing and fussing over me the whole evening when I was really just fine. When we got back home and I had a few minutes to stop being sick and have some quiet time, then I made us some really good mexican food for dinner.

Then today we went up San Bruno mountain all the way to the top. I found out that where we climbed to the other day was only halfway up the mountain. The very top is a thousand feet above sea level. It was bristling with TV and radio antennas too, and had excellent views all around.

Our second trip up the mountain:

More pics!

See them all at the link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/105078442860410937744/SanFranDays3And4?authuser=0&feat=directlink

OK,
so the past couple days have been fun. Yesterday was our biggest day yet. Yesterday was our trip to San Jose. We went with Linda's friend Teresa. We went to the Tech museum and tried out their jetpack simulator and a few other things. It was a grand time. We also saw their Cathedral and went out for a very good lunch. Then we went back to san francisco on the train and went to the shrine of Saint Francis and chinatown and the golden gate bridge. It was a fine and dandy thing, until we tried to ride the bus back from the bridge. That was icky. The buses were packed full of people, with every seat filled, and an additional 20 people jammed into the aisles and door stairs. And apparently it's like that every day around that time. Well, towards the end I was forced to stand, and the driver was really terrible. I got carsick pretty bad. I didn't throw up, but nearly so. Linda felt so bad for me, and was cooing and fussing over me the whole evening when I was really just fine. When we got back home and I had a few minutes to stop being sick and have some quiet time, then I made us some really good mexican food for dinner.

Then today we went up San Bruno mountain all the way to the top. I found out that where we climbed to the other day was only halfway up the mountain. The very top is a thousand feet above sea level. It was bristling with TV and radio antennas too, and had excellent views all around.

DSCN2727.JPG

The train was quite nice, smooth, and fast!

DSCN2740.JPG

Standing outside the museum with Linda.

DSCN2758.JPG

I have video of Linda trying this out. I'll post it soon. :)

DSCN2765.JPG

The San Jose Cathedral was quite nice.

DSCN2767.JPG

Inside was beautifully painted and with wonderful statues and sculpture and glasswork.

DSCN2783.JPG

Out for lunch!

DSCN2803.JPG

We found this cool looking bridge right at sunset. It's supposedly all famous and that... ;) And then, after our hellish Muni ride, dinner!

DSCN2811.JPG

Edited by arfink

http://youtu.be/97NTas5gg6Q

Sorry about the double post, the phorum is being stupid.

I took this video of Linda using the jetpack sim. :)

Also some pics that Linda took:

0208131113.jpg

Old car = awesome.

0208131122.jpg

I played around with some turbines.

0208131136.jpg

And drove a tiny submarine around their aquarium tank.

0208131748.jpg

And the bridge was fun. :)

Edited by arfink

Tonight I did some experimenting with acrylic paints. I made this as my first attempt.

I have more pics from today, and a story, which I will post soon.