An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random Part Two!

arfink

Unexpectedly being whisked off to parties is unusual. But the one they took me to today (a graduation party) had tacos, so that was nice. :) Also, our parish has no electricity for the time being, due to our big storm, and a tree which conveniently toppled over right on the hookup lines for the parish and rectory.

Ooops?  a candlelight mass?  and tacos?

That doesn't sound TOOOOOOO bad, ARFink!   I can think of worse ways to spend a Sunday!

sanchez-300x158.jpg

tacos.jpg

Well, my bday was pretty nice. I got fed to within an inch of my life. My friend Phil and my sister Sarah took me out for pizza at lunch time, and as usual we got too much food and had a grand time. I went home and lounged about for a bit, and later I went to my friend Jared's place with Phil where he and Jared's fiancé Beth made burritos for all of us, as well as cupcakes. We were going to go bowling but then that big storm came in, so we stayed inside and played Settlers of Catan, and it was good. All the houses and apartments around lost power, but not ours. It was very strange, we were very blessed! We drove through what I later found out was one of the harder hit areas and didn't even have to contend with trees in the road and only one spot with any standing water, which wasn't too bad at all. Could have been much worse. Again, a blessed day!

I also got about the most insanely huge pile of presents. I got a pizza stone and peel, all the stuff so I can finally learn how to do screen printing, a hairbrush for the mop that lives on top of my head, some nice soap, a whole case of Diet Coke, and a blue polo shirt. All the good stuffs. :D

Edited by arfink

brianthephysicist

Well, the painting is more or less finished. I didn't go into this with any plan besides to play with my new tools and see what I could really do with them, and so although the composition is a little bland, I think it's alright. :)

BTW, I wrote a bit about the process here, and a little bit of how I did things with the tools.

http://weaselsgonarf.blogspot.com/2013/06/daily-draw-son-rays-aka-playing-with.html

And here is the finished product.

20130620_000330.jpg

Beautiful

Love this cute house-bus conversion.

http://steampunkworkshop.com/bus1.shtml

Dude, that's awesome.  I want to learn to be that resourceful.

Well, my bday was pretty nice. I got fed to within an inch of my life. My friend Phil and my sister Sarah took me out for pizza at lunch time, and as usual we got too much food and had a grand time. I went home and lounged about for a bit, and later I went to my friend Jared's place with Phil where he and Jared's fiancé Beth made burritos for all of us, as well as cupcakes. We were going to go bowling but then that big storm came in, so we stayed inside and played Settlers of Catan, and it was good. All the houses and apartments around lost power, but not ours. It was very strange, we were very blessed! We drove through what I later found out was one of the harder hit areas and didn't even have to contend with trees in the road and only one spot with any standing water, which wasn't too bad at all. Could have been much worse. Again, a blessed day!

I also got about the most insanely huge pile of presents. I got a pizza stone and peel, all the stuff so I can finally learn how to do screen printing, a hairbrush for the mop that lives on top of my head, some nice soap, a whole case of Diet Coke, and a blue polo shirt. All the good stuffs. :D

That sounds awesome dude.  I didn't know our birthdays were so close together lol. 

Beautiful

Dude, that's amesome.  I want to learn to be that resourceful.

That sounds amesome dude.  I didn't know our birthdays were so close together lol. 

Come hang out some day, I can teach you things. :)

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tZdE-3nR3w[/media]

^^ Made with lasers! Also with a CNC machine. I could conceivably make such a thing perhaps. But for now, I just gaze upon its wonder, and think. :)

Well, I had to order some parts on Digikey. I thought I had the parts that I needed, but my box o' assorted resisters has apparently gone missing. Fortunately Digikey is in Minnesota, so I should have my parts soon.

Why couldn't I buy them at Radio Shack, you may ask? Let me see here. I needed 1 piece of a 100 ohm resister. Radio Shack charges $1.50 for a part that costs a few pennies from any sensible seller like Digikey. Sure, I could afford it. But why bother? I needed a bunch of other things from Digikey too, and so my order came to $8 for what I'd probably bay $20 at Radio Shack and I wouldn't have even gotten the exact style of parts I wanted. :P

Sometimes the best things happen when you make something, and throw it away and make yourself do it over again. I know, it sounds stupid, but sometimes it just works.

0tQvZLv.png

Junk.

auqrxZW.png

More junk.

OkOsdVt.png

Finally getting closer!

If you can figure out what the car owner in this picture is trying to do, you win all the internets. ;) (FYI, I know exactly what he's trying to do, and I think he's brilliant!)

medium_media_httpiimgurcomhx_xsvzC.jpg