An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random Part Two!

arfink

Or they can learn from the Employment Development Department of the State of California.

Had a bunch of VERY confidential paper records. 

Needed to get 'em shredded.

Didn't want anyone to read them or be able to pass 'em on.

So..... they found a mental health facility with some VERY low intelligence clients.  They were healthy and more or less happy... but their intelligence level was so low they literally couldn't live on their own, and not only could they not read, the would NEVER be abel to learn to read.   But they were able to teach them how to use a shredder. 

After the training, they brought the sealed containers of stuff into there, and let 'em shred.  They went to town! And they were paid a wage!   

Inmates were thrilled -- they were working!   They were proud of themselves!

And the stuff couldn't have been safer....  because no one could read it....   ;)

See, this whole thing with Russia just proves they're luddites. This is why so many governments and other organizations are not very good at information security, because they won't embrace the cutting edge to stay ahead of the hackers. By regressing into the paper-trail age, they're just making it easier for leakers because the methods of leaking paper are already well known, and forcing all their staff to reinvent the wheel without the benefit of computers, which were the logical answer at the time for information security. There is a reason why the SS adopted computers by IBM even in WWII, because they worked great for that kind of thing.

Those erasers with brushes look quite handy for typewriter work, but wouldn't be much use to a more conventional artist. I would like one of these:

21574-1001-2-3ww-l.jpg

Yes, but read the section on how to make erasures in the typewriter on the link above.... it was a skill, my friend..  :shudder:  I remember it well....

Yes, sounds like a major pain. But I suppose in Mother Russia they are used to pain by now...

Oh, I dunno about that BG. I am glad to be home! Clean sheets, air conditioning, hot showers. I am clean and cool and freshly-shaved and content as can be. ^_^ Soon I'll be off to confession. Perfect!

BTW, that car is something else. Portal themed demolition derby vehicle? And speaking of Portal, I want to go see Pacific Rim in theaters. I hear they used the voice of GladOS in that movie, and for that reason alone I am interested in seeing it.

Oh a/c sounds nice...part of why I'm at my office on a Saturday after Mass at the moment.  Only have a small window a/c in my apartment in the bedroom.  And the content thing sounds pretty good.

I don't know if it is or not, but I loved the hubcaps being portals, the Aperture logo, and the Companion Cube on top!!  Also voice of GladOS in PR?  That sounds interesting...will she give the Jaeger pilots cake?  :P

Also, were I not in the midst of a big project, I'd be tempted to try and build this on the server:

AT-AT%20Kopie_624485.jpg

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvaPMNq4Ey0[/media]

This song is just very fun. Not like the kind of stuff I usually listen to, but it's good. :)