An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random Part Two!

arfink

Love Dirty Jobs.  I like how he jokes with people, but manages to highlight the incredible skills they have and the complexity of the work that so-called 'unskilled' people do.   Simply mind-boggling....

Tonyyy.

I'm alive. Are you? Day is half over. We got this.

Well, it's been hell today, it really has. I had to walk away from the meetings today, I just couldn't do it. I made it halfway through the first and it was just... I had to step away. I couldn't do it.

brianthephysicist

I think I found a new place to play. I need to visit some time and see if paying member dues would be worthwhile.

tcmbanner.png

http://www.tcmaker.org/blog/

Is this for minecraft?

http://blog.flexiscale.co/post/44440592724/how-did-we-get-here

tumblr_inline_mj1n2gEvzS1qz4rgp.jpg

Hmmm Never considered that before, but it seems surprisingly accurate.

Well, it's been hell today, it really has. I had to walk away from the meetings today, I just couldn't do it. I made it halfway through the first and it was just... I had to step away. I couldn't do it.

No worries, man, you're far from alone, just look, Papa Benedict had to admit the same thing on an even bigger scale.

Sorry, Tricia.  You don't have to have any if you don't want to.  I'll find something you'd like better.   Really.   :console:

Tony, actually that is a cold Greek salad with baby o's and greek celery.  So probably not spicy, but lots of lemon juice and garlic.

I've never heard of the Kraken before.   Obviously I am from a different part of the world...  looks like EVERYBODY gets hungry now and then....

Edited by AnneLine

Well, today I am working on a new toy.

2013-03-06%252016.45.21.jpg

These are the bare beginnings of a new project. In this picture you can see a pump (front left), air tank (front right), a threaded barrel attachment, and two lengths of PVC pipe that fit inside of each other and will make a simple breech. I will be making all the rest of the pieces on the laser. :)

You's gonna shoot paintbrushes (upper left corner) thru that thing at canvasses?  Is that the plan?  ( :brutebeast: )

paintbrush-missile-launcher-truck-by-bri

I've been finding I have a very hard time keeping my personal projects and goals on track, especially as I work from home. Work time bleeds into personal time, which results in a whole lot of wasted time and not a whole lot of work or personal stuff getting done. The continual conflict between the two is pretty draining. So here are ideas I am going to implement on myself:

- Getting up earlier. One of the big issues I have is that living at home with the rest of the family means I am on their schedule for many things, including meals, chores, and the general noise and chaos a house of 10 people entails. However, the house is mostly empty between the hours of 7:30 AM and 3PM. I am currently getting up at 9:30 AM every day, and staying up until 1-2 AM. I plan to move wakeup time to 7:30 or 8 AM to take advantage of an extra hour of quiet, and moving bedtime up accordingly.

- Set a timer. I have found that certain tasks, such as keeping my workplace clean, work best if I simply set myself a 15 minute timer, do the task until the timer is done, and then walk away. Otherwise I look up 2 hours later to find a clean room but have done nothing on the important stuff. If I can make a dedicated effort to do 15 minutes a day my space will be just as nice as doing a marathon cleanup once a month.

- Plan the day. I need a daily horarium I think. It would be helpful anyway. :)

- Radio Silence. I have found from previous experiments that working on the computer without an internet connection can actually be extremely beneficial to me. The stuff I can accomplish in 2 hours without any internet rivals what I could do in an 8 hour period in which I can freely have access to this place. Gee, wonder why. :P

However, given how dependent I am on the internet, i think I'll plan on having a few hours of each day be internet-free rather than doing whole days at a time, and see how that helps.

I have found a composer I really like: Joe Hisaishi. AnneLine may recognize this sound. He's the guy who did the soundtrack to two of my favorite movies, My Neighbor Totoro and Porco Rosso.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AQRbAMb6LbI

Edited by arfink