An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Benedict Resigning

add

KnightofChrist

" And the Father himself who hath sent me, hath given testimony of me: neither have you heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape." - John 5:37

JP the Great will always be my favortie pope...  but BenXVI was also (and currently still is) a great pope.  The Holy Spirit did His job when he was elected, and will do His job again in the next conclave.

02/22/13

VATICAN CITY (AP) -- The Vatican lashed out Saturday at the media for what it said has been a run of defamatory and false reports before the conclave to elect Pope Benedict XVI's successor, saying they were an attempt to influence the election.

Surprise

Edited by add

I honestly think the AP has not run a 100% honest story involving Pope Benedict XVI during his entire reign.  Among all the various media organizations, it has remained consistently biased.

Those are the words of God the Son, I meet Christ every time I go to Mass too. But I asked about God the Father, I doubt you've actually physically been in His presence.

Haha. When I first read this I thought you were referring to my youngest brother (sn God the Father on phatmass)  and I was saying to myself wait! I've been in his physical presence!

Pope Benedict was mentioned in the prayer intentions at Mass again today.  I still can't help but get teary eyed when his name is mentioned.  Only 4 more days....  :sad:

I think it's time to give back: Say a prayer and join the list on this cool website: http://www.BeneGrazie.com (to be printed and handed over to the Holy Father) as thank you to Pope Benedict XVI for having been such a great Holy Father! There are right now 2'400 people on the list already.

I think it's time to give back: Say a prayer and join the list on this cool website: http://www.BeneGrazie.com (to be printed and handed over to the Holy Father) as thank you to Pope Benedict XVI for having been such a great Holy Father! There are right now 2'400 people on the list already.

The Germans are beating us! http://www.benegrazie.com/info.html

Go say thank you, Americans!!!

Watching a documentary of Pope Benedict's life on EWTN. They're showing footage from the beginning of his pontificate, striking how young he seemed then compared to today, it's been a long 8 years. I wonder how much living through John Paul II's pontificate influenced his decision...i.e., not wanting to put the church through another struggling old pope in a wheelchair.

Edited by Era Might

Earlier this week, Dolan told NBC News that he had the same chance of replacing “a-rod [at] third place for the New York Yankees.” :hehe2:

sweetsistine_zpse1f6cdec.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

There is a jesuit lurking in rome over all of this somewhere.  I'll bet there was one in the audience when he anounced it.  Clearly a conspiracy.

So who has the name Peter Romanos or whatever it is....... :)

This is too funny