An Old School Catholic Message Board

Brigittine Servitores Of The Most Holy Savior - Tyler, Tx

Chiara Francesco

inperpetuity

Sorry about my misspelling of Bishop Corrada del Rio's name, i corrected it, but it didn't catch for some reason.  Thanks Chiquitunga for clarifying that Sr. Ines is not part of the Tyler community.  I was wondering how she got professed so fast!  I did contact Sr. Margarita and she mentioned a novitiate full of twenty year olds.  So, I will talk to her tomorrow and see what I can find out.  She must be an amazing woman to be doing this at her age.  God bless her.

inperpetuity

Yes, Sr. Margarita is open to older vocations.  I did contact her also. She is alone right now, but does not want more than 20 total in the community.

Edited by inperpetuity

inperpetuity

Did you look at these women's schedule? They sleep less than 6 hours a night! O.M.G.!!!

I know, Sr. actually brought this up and said that visitors and postulants are not held to this wake up time.

I know, Sr. actually brought this up and said that visitors and postulants are not held to this wake up time.

Visitors and postulants, maybe not. But what about the rest of the women? I mean, that can't be healthy for most people, who need at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night...

To Jesus Through Mary

Wow!! I think I would be awfully grumpy after about a week of sleeping like that. Serious grace to live that out.

Visitors and postulants, maybe not. But what about the rest of the women? I mean, that can't be healthy for most people, who need at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night...

I don't know - I've definitely read that restricting sleep is healthier. Probably not to extremity (although it is given to some saints to stay up all night praying, even in our lazy time!) but in the sense of not overdoing it. Call me deluded but in the monastery I always worked and prayed better when I was on the skimping end of a normal night, than when we slept in.

inperpetuity

I don't know which would be harder, sleeping through only 6 hours, getting up after only 3 or 4 hours for Matins, and then sleeping a few more hours. I do know that getting only 6 hours now is tough, but I wonder if you have the vocation, you get the grace?

I don't know which would be harder, sleeping through only 6 hours, getting up after only 3 or 4 hours for Matins, and then sleeping a few more hours. I do know that getting only 6 hours now is tough, but I wonder if you have the vocation, you get the grace?

Probably. And effort.

I'd find the broken sleep harder, I think, because that'd be more like two long naps. But people adjust. Again, grace and effort :)

• 4 years later...
16 hours ago, Marsabielle said:

Does anyone have any updates on this community?

I was just looking them up recently on the diocese of Tyler website, and as far as I can tell, its only one nun. She does have a blog, but not a lot of details there either.

5 minutes ago, truthfinder said:

I was just looking them up recently on the diocese of Tyler website, and as far as I can tell, its only one nun. She does have a blog, but not a lot of details there either.

So it's not a community.... 

On 9/28/2017 at 5:03 PM, Nunsuch said:

So it's not a community.... 

Out of curiosity, how many members must there be for it to be so? And must these be professed?

thanks.