An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 3: More Rants And Revelations

MissyP89

Home. Got amazing roses from my in-laws today when they got up to New York. Met all the kids from his campus ministry and his spiritual director. 

I gotta tell you guys the story. But I'm still processing. Maybe when I have more sleep...

Missy.... at some point you'll have to change that name to 'Missusy'....  just another thing to process.  ;)

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Welcome to the wonderful world of wedding planning, where chaos and insanity await you.

Hehehe, Mrs. Missy, that's too cool...

Edited by FutureCarmeliteClaire

Eased back into work mode today. Got one interview done, have some recipes stashed away, gonna start doing a few one-page stories this week to replenish my now-depleted stash of extra content.

Got a ring guard to keep it from falling off this week. I want to keep it until after Easter so we can show the family this weekend. Then I'll get it resized.

OK. Going to see how many little tasks I can complete in the next 2.5 hours. My "best man" is coming over tonight to see me. I'm so happy. As wonderful as it was getting engaged in New York, and even having my best friend and her husband there, I very much want to see my family and friends now. :bounce: Good thing we'll get to see everyone this weekend for Easter.

Today's weird, delicious food: sweet potato tortilla chips. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Can't quite see the potato tortilla chips.   But I'll roast some sweet potatoes and have them with vanilla ice cream and spiced pecans... YUM....

One interview scheduled tonight, one more tomorrow afternoon, a story to play with today...

Health Connection came out today. :like: It looks pretty good. I'm pleased, especially given we put a rush on it.

Lori got tulips from her husband at the office just now. So sweet. :love:

And I can't believe tomorrow is already the Triduum! What a crazy Lent. I think I need to do some writing this evening. I need to reflect.

One interview scheduled tonight, one more tomorrow afternoon, a story to play with today...

Health Connection came out today. :like: It looks pretty good. I'm pleased, especially given we put a rush on it.

Lori got tulips from her husband at the office just now. So sweet. :love:

And I can't believe tomorrow is already the Triduum! What a crazy Lent. I think I need to do some writing this evening. I need to reflect.

Holy crap, I forgot about Triduum starting tomorrow...

Missy, one of my students is apparently being baptized and confirmed on Saturday!  He was asking about the Vigil because he thought I was Catholic from a few Catholic examples I've used in class before; I gave him the same advice my old janitor gave me, "B. I can't really give too much spiritual advice you've not heard probably, but an old janitor gave me the best practical advice ever.  It's a three hour liturgy or longer, you should pee before you process out to the bonfire."  Presenting on Adoration at CSA tonight; turned out well because of the Adoration at the Altar of Repose on Thursday night.

Glad I'm not the ONLY one who almost forgot about the Triduum starting.  I mean, I knew it but it kinda crept up on me!!!!

How do you guys think I feel? Between all the drama at the start of Lent, the recovery throughout, and now getting engaged just before Holy Week, my brain's been all over the place! Haha.

Miss you, Annie! I'll probably give you a call on the road this weekend...if not, ASAP next week.

Missy Missus me.   Awwwww...

Went through a similar Lent a few years back.... will share one of these days.....

Jesus is talking, Missy... ask HIM about how HIS week is going....!

Starting to think about colors. Pastels. Something cheery for spring. I wonder how many times I'll change my mind?

Starting to think about colors. Pastels. Something cheery for spring. I wonder how many times I'll change my mind?

My friend N. has gone through 6 dress colors in 3 months. :|

Also my friend D. hasn't gotten to the dresses yet, but she's taken out a student loan just to pay for the wedding dress.