An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 3: More Rants And Revelations

MissyP89

Yes! Full of family and friends and food.

Brian tried to get me on a zipline. I pictured myself crashing into a tree and declined. :hehe:

I need something epic to do tomorrow. It's gonna be super hot out and I don't want to spend too much.

Go.

Make Your Own Bubble Bath 

In a clean container, mix together ½ cup mild liquid hand or body soap, 1 tablespoon sugar or honey, and 1 egg white. Pour the entire mixture under the running water as you draw your bath. Honey is a natural humectant, which will attract and retain moisture in your skin. The egg white helps create stronger, longer-lasting bubbles, for a nice, fluffy bath. For extra-dry skin, consider adding a tablespoon of light oil, such as almond or light sesame. (Another surprising bath booster? Vinegar.)

In a clean container, mix together ½ cup mild liquid hand or body soap, 1 tablespoon sugar or honey, and 1 egg white. Pour the entire mixture under the running water as you draw your bath. Honey is a natural humectant, which will attract and retain moisture in your skin. The egg white helps create stronger, longer-lasting bubbles, for a nice, fluffy bath. For extra-dry skin, consider adding a tablespoon of light oil, such as almond or light sesame. (Another surprising bath booster? Vinegar.)

I second the ice cream idea!

As for the vinegar, that's probably because it's a mild acid.

In a clean container, mix together ½ cup mild liquid hand or body soap, 1 tablespoon sugar or honey, and 1 egg white.

ewwwwwwwwwwwww. 

I am officially back from my pseudo vacation so lovely. Got a tan, gained some weight from eating myself silly, played lots of video games, baked in Adoration more this week than I had in a whole year...

Brian's uncle was ordained a permanent deacon for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia on Saturday. What a great Mass! Later that afternoon, he opened his presents and someone gave him the Book of Blessings. He gave us the blessing for engaged couples in the middle of his kitchen surrounded by some of our family. It was beautiful and very special for us.

What did they send, Cat?

Wow. I got back to work and had 90% of the stuff I requested from sources before the weekend! :woot: That means I have a smooth, productive week ahead. What a refreshing change.

Hey dude,

I think I used the wrong word. In casual terms, we want Uncle D. to be the guy that stands there with the book and reads the vows.

He told us that in seminary, he learned that the person with highest rank on the altar fills that role. So if we have a wedding Mass with a bishop, priest and deacon, then the bishop would be the one to handle the vows. The deacon can still preach and assist, but typically the vows would fall to a priest.

That's fine, of course. But I am hoping we might be able to work it out.

You'd need a dispensation from the bishop, I think. However, it might work like the reading of the Gospel. The Gospel is to be read by the priest. However, the deacon will read the Gospel after receiving a blessing from the priest. But with a nuptial mass and being the vows, it could be a different think all together. I think it makes sense for the person of higher rank. A priest has the fullness of Holy Orders.

Yeah. Man, that's a bummer. Good thing we have lots of time to figure out who we'd like to ask to do what...