An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 3: More Rants And Revelations

MissyP89

FutureCarmeliteClaire

NOOOOOOOOO they're getting rid of Shakira (and Usher) and bringing Christina Aguilera (and Cee Lo, which I don't mind) back to The Voice this fall! :weep:

And I was really enjoying not getting distracted by boobs this season.

:|

Ummm, I was still distracted by boobs most of this season. :|

But at least Shakira's boobs are...less...like an overflowing cake...

I'm just going to stop.

missionseeker

But at least Shakira's boobs are...less...like an overflowing cake...

I'm just going to stop.

An overflowing cake???????? hahahahaahahhhahahahahahah :lol: 

P.S

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Catching up on my Catechism reading -- I'm going through the big section on sacraments right now. The section about the structure of the Mass includes this awesome passage from Justin Martyr written in 155...

On the day we call the day of the sun, all who dwell in the city or country gather in the same place.

The memoirs of the apostles and the writings of the prophets are read, as much as time permits.

When the reader has finished, he who presides over those gathered admonishes and challenges them to imitate these beautiful things.

Then we all rise together and offer prayers* for ourselves ...and for all others, wherever they may be, so that we may be found righteous by our life and actions, and faithful to the commandments, so as to obtain eternal salvation.

When the prayers are concluded we exchange the kiss.

Then someone brings bread and a cup of water and wine mixed together to him who presides over the brethren.

He takes them and offers praise and glory to the Father of the universe, through the name of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and for a considerable time he gives thanks (in Greek: eucharistian) that we have been judged worthy of these gifts.

When he has concluded the prayers and thanksgivings, all present give voice to an acclamation by saying: 'Amen.'

When he who presides has given thanks and the people have responded, those whom we call deacons give to those present the "eucharisted" bread, wine and water and take them to those who are absent.

It's so cool that we have that degree of faithfulness and continuity in the Church. I've read some of his stuff before, but it's been a long time. It's always an encouragement to me.

I randomly sound like Barry White today. Super awkward. Or perhaps super attractive.

And one of the girls downstairs is mad because I passed on some info I shouldn't have known (was trying to find out more) ... so now there are all these rumors spreading. I feel bad and apologized, but whatever. I wasn't trying to cause any harm. You live and learn.

One of those nights where I'd much rather be having a bath and flipping through a magazine instead of SITTING AT THIS DESK UNDER THE FLOURESCENT LIGHTS AND WORKING ON THE LIST. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That felt excellent. I somehow have more motivation now. LOL

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained." -C.S. Lewis

The people on the Knot forums are a bunch of snotty witches.

Thankful for my chill fiance, levelheaded family/in-laws and easygoing friends. :)