An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Francis!

Kateri89

LOL, Pope Avatars

Hahaha and this time it's the PMers who are responsible for all having the same avatar   rotfl

Hahaha and this time it's the PMers who are responsible for all having the same avatar   rotfl

You're welcome.

idk are u?

Today I learned that raisins in chocolate chip cookies aren't as good of an idea as it sounds.

Evangetholic

Today I learned that raisins in chocolate chip cookies aren't as good of an idea as it sounds.

Really? Sounds delicious.

OnlySunshine

Wow... all I can say is what immense emotion! Amazing!

I am so grateful that there is a TV in the mall.  It's the only time I cared it was there.  I was eating late lunch with my grandmother and had the popealarm on my phone.  I didn't hear the text message alert go off but I was checking it as I was getting back into the car and saw there was white smoke.  While my grandmother went to the bookstore, I plopped down on the couch in front of the TV and was able to watch Pope Francis I reveal himself on the balcony for the first time.  I was speechless when he came out!  :)

ithinkjesusiscool

Welcome to phatmass and rejoice with us....

:bananarap: :paco2: :paco:

Don't be a stranger. We have tacos.

Sorry for this but...

.Taco_Pope_by_MrVorhias.png

Noel's angel

Am I the only person that doesn't like him?

He said this:  "One does not remain faithful, like the traditionalists or the fundamentalists, to the letter," and I don't like it.

I have a vision of him selling off the Sistine Chapel and building a soup kitchen with the money.

carmenchristi

I went home at 6,45 and took a shower thinking that the fumata would be like yesterday at 8. I got out, dried my hair (sort of) and got dressed when I wondered if I was hearing bells. Then I heard some screaching in the hallway "fumata bianca!" so I grabbed my coat and ran full speed to the subway, and then full speed again to the square. Then we waited about an hour, so I caught my breath (and probably pneumonia).... then he came out! I nearly cried with emotion several times. When they announced his name everyone was like... "who???" "whaaa???" "What's his pope name???" internet wasn't really working on anyone's cell probably because of all of the cameras and equipment or something.... but eventually people ran some google searches or made some phone calls and we slowly put a few pieces together.  And to end it all with ... "see you tomorrow.... or soon...." was just too cute.

carmenchristi

Am I the only person that doesn't like him?

He said this:  "One does not remain faithful, like the traditionalists or the fundamentalists, to the letter," and I don't like it.

I have a vision of him selling off the Sistine Chapel and building a soup kitchen with the money.

PUHLEASE! You are saying that the Holy Spirit doesn't know how to pick a Shepherd of the Church? Do you think you know more than 2/3 of the elector cardinals? because that is essentially what you are saying. Give thanks to God, and pray for the pope!

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but really, let the non Catholics do the criticizing!