An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dsmmes On Game Show Network's Bible Challenge 3/21 For $

Chiara Francesco

Chiara Francesco

Please support the Dominican Sisters as the take on this game show on the Bible. Please pray for them and tune in!!!

295637_10151518778389742_1303196272_n_zp

Chiara Francesco

What about their vow of poverty? Just curious...

I think it's for money to build and expand for the influx of postulants as well as the nuns in general.  It wouldn't be against their poverty to try to help themselves as well as taking donations. 

Sure is better than sitting on their butts doing nothing!  Perhaps it is also for their schools, poorer students, monastery bills, etc.  You know they aren't trying to win money to buy useless crap like iPods, iPhones, clothes, jewelry and vacation trips!

Kayte Postle

I think it's for money to build and expand for the influx of postulants as well as the nuns in general.  It wouldn't be against their poverty to try to help themselves as well as taking donations. 

In the season preview Sr. says that the money would go to the retirement and care of their elderly sisters. =)

that was a fun show

and for those who ahvent watched it yet ill post further comments in a spoiler

[spoiler]YAY THEY WON!!!!!!!!!!  :WOOT: [/spoiler]

DiscerningCatholic

They totally won it. 

I mean, they kicked butt. I'm a little surprised that they didn't know which animal had its mouth shut the angel in the book of Daniel, but they still won. 

:bounce: :nun2: :nun: :nun3:

Lil'Monster

I know!! My Dad was saying the same thing!!! I guess it was the wording of the question or something!!

MY DOMS ARE AWESOME!!!! THEY REALLLY DID KICKED BUTT!!! HAHAHA THEY BEAT THE PROTESTANTS!!

Did you saw that those women didn't even hug the Sisters but they hugged the tattoo guys? I mean how rude can they be???

dominicansoul

They totally won it. 

I mean, they kicked butt. I'm a little surprised that they didn't know which animal had its mouth shut the angel in the book of Daniel, but they still won. 

:bounce: :nun2: :nun: :nun3:

:|

thanks for spoiling it for the peeps who didn't watch.  lol.

And Sister was nervous!  Did you see her little anxious face?