An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dsmmes On Game Show Network's Bible Challenge 3/21 For $

Chiara Francesco

dominicansoul

i think the preachin' divas hugged them as well as shook the sisters hands earlier in the show... right before they started jumping around on stage...... :twitch:

Lil'Monster

i think the preachin' divas hugged them as well as shook the sisters hands earlier in the show... right before they started jumping around on stage...... :twitch:

I didn't see them..

Yeah they were a weird bunch....

But the Sisters were dang good at the flipping da fork in the glass!!!

Lil'Monster

I will start flipping forks into glasses for recreation from now on....

Never know when I will be on American Bible Challenge

:|

DiscerningCatholic

:|

thanks for spoiling it for the peeps who didn't watch.  lol.

And Sister was nervous!  Did you see her little anxious face? 

LOL Which one? The two novices looked a little bashful, but Sr. Maria Suso didn't look nervous in the least.

DiscerningCatholic

I know!! My Dad was saying the same thing!!! I guess it was the wording of the question or something!!

MY DOMS ARE amesome!!!! THEY REALLLY DID KICKED BUTT!!! HAHAHA THEY BEAT THE PROTESTANTS!!

Did you saw that those women didn't even hug the Sisters but they hugged the tattoo guys? I mean how rude can they be???

I love how Sr. Maria Suso answered her question before the guy even finished asking it.

I don't think that there was ever any competition from the minute the Sisters walked out.

And the Preachin' Divas struck me as the type who might be slightly... er... anti-Catholic, for lack of a better term.

I didn't see it. But I think my eyeballs started hurting when they started jumping and football-prancing around on the stage. :blink:

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

Chiara Francesco

I haven't watched the whole show yet, just a little past the 2nd question - I was shocked the sisters didn't buzz immediately BEFORE the 4 choices were posted!  I got them right away and I am no Bible wiz!

I was thinking the sisters either didn't understand they were to hit those hand buzzers (which would be strange if they didn't), or they got bad buzzers - they were being framed because everyone knew they'd win or they just didn't know the answer and that would be shocking and hard to believe because the first question is one of the mysteries of the rosary so as Dominicans they DEFINITELY should have known that!

Even the second question was easy.  So as I had the show on my DVR, I turned it off as I couldn't watch the rest!  I thought I'd check to here on PM on this thread to see if someone mentions if they won or not.  I didn't want to watch if they got slaughtered!  It would be too sad!

It sounds like they won?

DiscerningCatholic

I haven't watched the whole show yet, just a little past the 2nd question - I was shocked the sisters didn't buzz immediately BEFORE the 4 choices were posted!  I got them right away and I am no Bible wiz!

I was thinking the sisters either didn't understand they were to hit those hand buzzers (which would be strange if they didn't), or they got bad buzzers - they were being framed because everyone knew they'd win or they just didn't know the answer and that would be shocking and hard to believe because the first question is one of the mysteries of the rosary so as Dominicans they DEFINITELY should have known that!

It sounds like they won?

One of the sisters said that they were still trying to figure out how hard they had to press the buzzers, which I can understand. I also think that it's probably against the rules to buzz in before the question is finished being read. You can be sure they knew the answers; I think that they were just trying to figure out how to work the buzzers. 

I am not impressed with your lack of faith in my Dominican sisters. They're Catholic...they're Dominican...they're SISTERS...of course they won! :) :winner:

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

PhuturePriest

Seeing as how they're Dominican, they're probably pretty sharp. Perhaps not as sharp as Dominican Priests would be (They have to go through eight years of seminary, after all), but definitely smarter than me. If there were Jesuit Priests on the show, there would be no competition. Those guys go through sixteen years of college, for goodness' sake.

Pax_et bonum

Seeing as how they're Dominican, they're probably pretty sharp. Perhaps not as sharp as Dominican Priests would be (They have to go through eight years of seminary, after all), but definitely smarter than me. If there were Jesuit Priests on the show, there would be no competition. Those guys go through sixteen years of college, for goodness' sake.

You realize you just posted that on a part of the phorum that is overwhelmingly female? The DSMME go to secular colleges, I believe, but it's not uncommon for sisters to take the same theology/philosophy classes as seminarians with seminarians. It varies between communities and what's needed for their ministry, but you can't outright say that priests are more educated than sisters just because they go through seminary. Sisters go through formation as well and take classes too during that time. I know sisters with their Masters and PhDs.

dominicansoul

You realize you just posted that on a part of the phorum that is overwhelmingly female? The DSMME go to secular colleges, I believe, but it's not uncommon for sisters to take the same theology/philosophy classes as seminarians with seminarians. It varies between communities and what's needed for their ministry, but you can't outright say that priests are more educated than sisters just because they go through seminary. Sisters go through formation as well and take classes too during that time. I know sisters with their Masters and PhDs.

This.

Also, Dominicans never stop learning about the Faith.  They take courses even in retirement :)

PhuturePriest

I did know this. And I'm sure some might be offended (Though that would be overreacting, in my humble opinion). But I don't say things to be popular. :P

And I never said they didn't study. Dominicans devote their lives to studying. I'm sure there are some Sisters that know more than some Priests do. But Dominican Friars are more known for academic zeal. At least, from what I saw when I was discerning with them.

This.

Also, Dominicans never stop learning about the Faith.  They take courses even in retirement :)

Read above.

Edited by FuturePriest387