An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dsmmes On Game Show Network's Bible Challenge 3/21 For $

Chiara Francesco

In the season preview Sr. says that the money would go to the retirement and care of their elderly sisters. =)

Well they're thinking ahead then.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but other than the foundresses, aren't they all (and I do mean ALL) quite young still?

Not a criticism.  Thinking ahead is good!  I am in favor of planning.  But when I hear about retirement needs for religious communities I keep thinking of the communities that had tons of sisters enter in the 1940s and 50s and 60s and relatively few since, and while they work until they drop they do not necessarily die right after they drop, so the proportion of working sisters to retired sisters is way out of whack.

And well, that isn't the DSMME.

a Carmelite wouldve answered teh lion question correctly :

Carmelites rarely appear on television.

Unless they have their Great Veils.  That would be awesome.

dominicansoul

Well they're thinking ahead then.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but other than the foundresses, aren't they all (and I do mean ALL) quite young still?

Not a criticism.  Thinking ahead is good!  I am in favor of planning.  But when I hear about retirement needs for religious communities I keep thinking of the communities that had tons of sisters enter in the 1940s and 50s and 60s and relatively few since, and while they work until they drop they do not necessarily die right after they drop, so the proportion of working sisters to retired sisters is way out of whack.

And well, that isn't the DSMME.

They are thinking ahead.  I think they want to build an infirmary because they don't have one.  Mother is still going strong.  From what I've heard, they already built the resting places for some Sisters and no one has died yet.  I think its very good to plan ahead...

...this is nothing unusual.  I purchased my grave and got another one at half price.  IT was a "buy one get one half price" sale going on at the local cemetary.  You have to jump at chances like that...

dominicansoul

Carmelites rarely appear on television.

Unless they have their Great Veils.  That would be amesome.

I seriously wish Vee would wear a "great veil."  That would be awe.some if they had those for carmelite-wannabes

Guest Allie

phatmass needs an emoticon of a carmelite wearing a great veil... lol...

Why isn't it spelled "grate" veil?  Srsly.  Don't they wear them at the grate?

DiscerningCatholic

...this is nothing unusual.  I purchased my grave and got another one at half price.  IT was a "buy one get one half price" sale going on at the local cemetary.  You have to jump at chances like that...

I haven't laughed as long or as hard as I laughed at that ^^ in a really long time. 

phatmass needs an emote of a dominican with duct tape over their mouth

Phatmass needs an emote of Vee with duct tape over her mouth. :P