An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nunsense News!

maximillion

maximillion

I am so blessed to have had an email from Nunsense!

She is loving the life in Carmel (was there ever a doubt she would?) and thanks all on VS and her phamily for their prayers.

She asks for your prayers and says that of course there have been a few crosses along the way.

From what was said it sounds like she will become a novice "when I become a novice I will have more access to the Internet".

Praised be to God for her having found her way home to Him in Carmel.

I will be sending her a card and a little gift in the coming week - do leave any message you would like to send either here or pm me....

A lovely Easter Pressie it was to hear from her!

BarbTherese

I am so happy for nunsense.  May God continue to bless her and enrich her life in Carmel - and may her clothing day come soon.

Recordare Virgo

She is loving the life in Carmel...Praised be to God for her having found her way home to Him in Carmel.

Thank you for your posting. She is a great inspiration and I am overjoyed to hear that she is happy. Nunsense really fought her way to God.

littlesister

I am so happy for her. May clothing come soon. All things come to those who wait, and she certainly has.

AccountDeleted

Aw shucks, you guys make me blush!  :blush:

I have permission to post an update here every now and again. I wanted to say thank you to those who have remembered me, and apologise that I have not been able to respond individually since I entered. We are in the Easter Octave now and have all kinds of permissions including licence to speak to each other - but it's funny how little there seems to say when we actually are allowed to speak! :) I will be Skyping my family as soon as I can line up the time zones, and finally we can do correspondence again, with lots of permissions during this particular time of rejoicing.

bernadette_d - thank you for your Easter card - so lovely. maxy - thank you for your card when I entered - it seems like so long ago and yet it has only been 3 months.

As for the Clothing - that probably won't happen until June or July, God willing that the sisters aren't sick of me by then. Mother and I discussed an early Clothing but in the end it just seemed like a better idea not to have to take on any additional responsibilities at this time. As a postulant, I don't have any duties in choir (like cantor or reader) and I am not on the Board of Offices for any duties like Mass Reader or Offertory or Eucharistic Minister (for the Precious Blood) or Refectory Reader or even the Domestic Office (cleaning the toilets). Once I am clothed, then I will start taking my fair share of all these duties. For now, I am already responsible for the Printing Office and the website/blog and I assist in the Provisory, help with laundry and dishes and have several 'sweeps' to do each week. It is unusual for a postulant to be given as much responsibility as I have (and not to mention trust) but Mother felt that my age and experience required a different approach to the postulancy than the one that is usual for younger entrants. That is one of the beautiful things about this community - so full of common sense and sisterly love. We may not have the beautiful old monastery or the glamour of location (we are just a large house in a middle class suburb) but we have so much love for Jesus and for each other. The spirit of Carmel is so alive here.

Right now, one of the cats is trying to walk over the keyboard - sorry. I have asked two of the sisters to write up little biographies of our two cats for the blog (with photos of course) and just after a sister and I had finished looking at suitable photos of our ginger cat, he waltzed into the office and demanded some attention! He is very charming and difficult to resist.

It is nearly time for Midday Prayer now, so I will have to sign off, but I will try to post again sometime over the next two days, as they are 'little feasts' (holidays) and there is usually more time for personal things. Once again though, thank you to everyone here - for your concern and all your prayers. Today I offered my Holy Communion for the intentions of all phatmassers, especially you here on VS.

Much love in Christ Jesus, our Risen Lord.

Nunsense

AccountDeleted

Sr. Annie, do you know that your community website hasn't worked in a while? This is the one I tried: http://www.carmeliteswolverhampton.org.uk/

Glad to hear you are doing well!
God bless you!

Actually my name in religion is Sr Teresa not Sr Annie, but since I only signed Nunsense, I can understand a slight confusion :) In this Carmel, we are given our name in relgion as soon as we enter... I am Sister Teresa of the Cross.

I can access the website using this http://www.carmeliteswolverhampton.org.uk/ but I have noticed that some pages are very slow to load while others are faster. If you go through the blogsite first and then choose the menu options on the side for the website, you can access it - but I will have to take some time to find out why the pages are loading so slowly - must be some extra code that is not needed. I do have google analytics on it and that might be slowing it up. Anyway, it does load - but not quickly. Sorry for that.

The blogsite is http://carmeliteswolverhampton.blogspot.com which loads quickly but it will redirect in the UK to a co.uk ending.

I haven't really looked at the website in awhile as I have spent most of my time on the blog. The sisters here have now been given permission to view the website and blog online, and they have developed more of an interest in helping me out now. One sister brought all these quotes to me so that I can carry on with the 'Ask a Saint' series, and one sister has written a little bio about one of our cats - with photos! Another sister is now going to do the second cat as well. Our chaplain has agreed to do a little bio of himself as well so it will definitely become more of a community blog than just a Sr Teresa blog. That makes me very happy! I think the sisters have so much to offer to others, and this is one way they can do it without leaving the enclosure.

We are having a party tonight so I have to go but will try to get back online tomorrow as it is still a holiday then. :) Happy Easter everyone. And to close - a little quote from Saint Teresa that one of the sisters brought to me today... and remember that Jesus is saying this to all of us.

“ I would create the universe again just to hear you say that you love Me.”

—Christ to St. Teresa of Avila during a vision

truthfinder

Happy Easter Sister, and thank you for posting this quote .

Recordare Virgo

And to close - a little quote from Saint Teresa that one of the sisters brought to me today... and remember that Jesus is saying this to all of us.

This is one of the most astounding quotes I have ever read. I can't even take it in.

Oh, Sr. Teresa!!!!   So wonderful to hear from you and know that all is going well!   Prayers here for prayers there!!!!

PrayerSupporter

What a lovely quote!  What is its source (e.g., one of St. Teresa's books)?  Thanks!