Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nunsense News!

Posted

Thanks for the update! ;)

Posted

I am so happy for nunsense.  May God continue to bless her and enrich her life in Carmel - and may her clothing day come soon.

Posted

She is loving the life in Carmel...Praised be to God for her having found her way home to Him in Carmel.

Thank you for your posting. She is a great inspiration and I am overjoyed to hear that she is happy. Nunsense really fought her way to God.

Posted

I am so happy for her. May clothing come soon. All things come to those who wait, and she certainly has.

Posted

Nunsense, God bless you! :)

Posted

Sr. Annie, do you know that your community website hasn't worked in a while? This is the one I tried: http://www.carmeliteswolverhampton.org.uk/

Glad to hear you are doing well!
God bless you!

Actually my name in religion is Sr Teresa not Sr Annie, but since I only signed Nunsense, I can understand a slight confusion :) In this Carmel, we are given our name in relgion as soon as we enter... I am Sister Teresa of the Cross.

I can access the website using this http://www.carmeliteswolverhampton.org.uk/ but I have noticed that some pages are very slow to load while others are faster. If you go through the blogsite first and then choose the menu options on the side for the website, you can access it - but I will have to take some time to find out why the pages are loading so slowly - must be some extra code that is not needed. I do have google analytics on it and that might be slowing it up. Anyway, it does load - but not quickly. Sorry for that.

The blogsite is http://carmeliteswolverhampton.blogspot.com which loads quickly but it will redirect in the UK to a co.uk ending.

I haven't really looked at the website in awhile as I have spent most of my time on the blog. The sisters here have now been given permission to view the website and blog online, and they have developed more of an interest in helping me out now. One sister brought all these quotes to me so that I can carry on with the 'Ask a Saint' series, and one sister has written a little bio about one of our cats - with photos! Another sister is now going to do the second cat as well. Our chaplain has agreed to do a little bio of himself as well so it will definitely become more of a community blog than just a Sr Teresa blog. That makes me very happy! I think the sisters have so much to offer to others, and this is one way they can do it without leaving the enclosure.

We are having a party tonight so I have to go but will try to get back online tomorrow as it is still a holiday then. :) Happy Easter everyone. And to close - a little quote from Saint Teresa that one of the sisters brought to me today... and remember that Jesus is saying this to all of us.

“ I would create the universe again just to hear you say that you love Me.”

—Christ to St. Teresa of Avila during a vision

Posted

Happy Easter Sister, and thank you for posting this quote .

Posted

Sr Teresa, it is lovely to hear from you.  I hope you have a joyful Easter octave!!

Posted

And to close - a little quote from Saint Teresa that one of the sisters brought to me today... and remember that Jesus is saying this to all of us.

This is one of the most astounding quotes I have ever read. I can't even take it in.

Posted

Oh, Sr. Teresa!!!!   So wonderful to hear from you and know that all is going well!   Prayers here for prayers there!!!!

Posted

What a lovely quote!  What is its source (e.g., one of St. Teresa's books)?  Thanks!

Posted

Sr Teresa SO good to hear from you! Definitely looking forward to all the new stuff on the blog and website.

Posted

Just to let you know, I can't access the website through this link either.

I can access the website using this http://www.carmeliteswolverhampton.org.uk/ but I have noticed that some pages are very slow to load while others are faster.

Posted

Dear all - can't write much now but will try to get online later during free time. Sorry about the website link - I will try to work on that today - it works for me so I don't know what the problem is for others - maybe it is an international thing?? Anyway, will check it out.

Also, the quote about St Teresa came from the YouCat (the new Catechism that came out in small booklet form). I don't know if it is a UK thing or if it is International. But I wanted to source it myself, so if anyone wants to research both that quote and the one that everyone knows but no one seems to be able to source -- 'Lord, if this is the way you treat your friends, no wonder you have so few of them.'  Both of these are highly quoted but no one ever gives the source. And to search through her letters would take forever. I have uploaded some of her works and am using a database search on them, but so far no joy.  But if the YouCat is using it - they must feel it is pretty reliable (or else they are just sloppy - who knows? :) )

Posted

Happy Easter.  Glad to hear all is going well. 

Posted

Please be patient with the website - I am moving it to another server and it will take a little while to update all the links. :)