An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nunsense News!

maximillion

TheresaThoma

Sr Teresa SO good to hear from you! Definitely looking forward to all the new stuff on the blog and website.

AccountDeleted

Dear all - can't write much now but will try to get online later during free time. Sorry about the website link - I will try to work on that today - it works for me so I don't know what the problem is for others - maybe it is an international thing?? Anyway, will check it out.

Also, the quote about St Teresa came from the YouCat (the new Catechism that came out in small booklet form). I don't know if it is a UK thing or if it is International. But I wanted to source it myself, so if anyone wants to research both that quote and the one that everyone knows but no one seems to be able to source -- 'Lord, if this is the way you treat your friends, no wonder you have so few of them.'  Both of these are highly quoted but no one ever gives the source. And to search through her letters would take forever. I have uploaded some of her works and am using a database search on them, but so far no joy.  But if the YouCat is using it - they must feel it is pretty reliable (or else they are just sloppy - who knows? :) )

AccountDeleted

Please be patient with the website - I am moving it to another server and it will take a little while to update all the links. :)

TheLordsSouljah

So good to hear you are going well Nunsense.... never really got to meet you but I read a lot of your posts and followed your countdown. God bless you always!! And yes, I love YouCat - it's great. We'd have YouCat Chats with Nashie Dominicans here in Sydney, Aus.

We're thinking of you!!

AccountDeleted

So good to hear you are going well Nunsense.... never really got to meet you but I read a lot of your posts and followed your countdown. God bless you always!! And yes, I love YouCat - it's great. We'd have YouCat Chats with Nashie Dominicans here in Sydney, Aus.

We're thinking of you!!

Ah Sydney! A wonderful place. I've lived in Melbourne more than Sydney but I still love that harbour view! :)

Ok everyone, the website has been moved to a new server and it seems to be fast and everything working well, but do let me know if there are problems with anyone trying to access it.

The address is still the same www.carmeliteswolverhampton.org.uk and there is a button on the site to the blog - which is still www.carmeliteswolverhampton.blogspot.com. And there is a link on the blog to go back to the website as well.

With all this web maintenance, I haven't had time to make any blog posts, but now maybe I can work on that. One of the sisters is going to help with write one on Holy Poverty in the Ask a Saint series. Hope we can get it up soon. I also have to get back to printing out greeting cards so we can earn some income here!

And I know the FunNun videos won't be everyone's cup of tea as they are very informal and casual (and I know some of you are of a more serious bent), but let's face it, they are real life in the convent - at least this convent - and most of the Carmels I have been in have had some light times during special holiday times. The one with Sr Angela reading out Everybody's Job shows that we are easily amused here, and the Mother's Feast Day one shows everyone freezing to death while trying to enjoy a picnic so no one is smiling at all -- but then that is summer in England  :) . And on feast day evenings we usually try to have some entertainment for each other, even though no one has time to rehearse much of anything so it is all very amateur -- good thing we all laugh easily.

Ok, I should be off phatmass now for awhile. If there is anything urgent that needs to be addressed re website etc, please email me at sponsajesus@gmail.com as I will probably only come to phatmass to put in a status update link when I make a blog post. At least until my Clothing - which I will announce when we have a date set.

Prayers to all of you and thanks for all your kind wishes and prayers for me and the sisters here too. Deo gratias. :nunpray:

edited for typos

Edited by nunsense

Chiquitunga

Wonderful to hear from you nunsense and that you are happy and doing well in Carmel!! :pray: The website looks really beautiful! Happy Easter!! :)