An Old School Catholic Message Board

Doctor Who!

Basilisa Marie

• 2 weeks later...
KnightofChrist

Wish the one lady had more clothes on, but otherwise this is a really great fandom animation of Doctor Who.

http://youtu.be/kt3qZYUPi2Y

• 6 months later...

New series just came out...Thoughts?

personally Peter Capaldi was the only reason to watch it.

P.s. Can we still do the spoiler thing? if so how?

Ancilla Domini

New series just came out...Thoughts?

personally Peter Capaldi was the only reason to watch it.

P.s. Can we still do the spoiler thing? if so how?

The episode itself wasn't the best I've seen, but I thought Peter Capaldi was quite good, to be honest.

(Some really funny Strax moments in it.  :hehe2:)

• 3 weeks later...

I read the article and it was very good- it helped me put a finger on some of the creepiness that I couldn't figure out. While I agree that that anti-religion, pro-gay marriage tones are unacceptable, I will say that is not unusual for the BBC (think of Sherlock and Call the Midwife). So while you need to be aware of it, I might not give it too much weight in my final say of the show as it's rather common (at least in what I watch).

I once spoke with a man who knew British fans of the show way back in the day- like the 70's. He said that it's main supporters were gay men, it didn't really have a male (or female) heterosexual fan base. And now a large part of the show's supporters are straight girls. (True, Classic and NewWho are different- but I've watched both and worse plot lines and bad special effects aside, they both have the same feel.) Nowadays the show has a very diverse group of fans, but they are all a little odd in the same way. I can't put my finger on it. 

However, I disagree with his rating (1 star). I think he should have given it at least a three- possibly a four. I myself would still give it a five, I'm a die-hard, but I accept the fact that not everyone appreciates the show as much as I do. But a one star? That's a low blow. 

Edited by veritasluxmea

However, I disagree with his rating (1 star). I think he should have given it at least a three- possibly a four. I myself would still give it a five, I'm a die-hard, but I accept the fact that not everyone appreciates the show as much as I do. But a one star? That's a low blow. 

I've been expecting controversy ever since I wrote this review (which was originally three or two stars, but that mockery of the Catholic Church threw in the towel for me).  It's about dang time!

Ancilla Domini

Great review! The episode in the hotel with the monster that feeds off people's faiths really got me. Another thing I remember distinctly from one episode is when the doctor says, "Funny thing is, I don't usually do Easter. I can never find it. It's always at a different time. Although! I remember the original. Between you and me, what really happened was—" and then gets interrupted.

Agree with you on everything in there. Thanks for sharing!

(Sorry for not being well-written. I'm rarely eloquent at this time in the morning. :P)

(Sorry for not being well-written. I'm rarely eloquent at this time in the morning. :P)

And I'm just rarely eloquent, period. :mail:

Thanks for the review, Not a Mallard!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I just wanted to say I love Dr who. So much that I got "bad wolf" in gallafreyan  (sp) incorporated into a deathly hallows symbol (from Harry potter.) Regardless of what your opinion is on tattoos, this show got me through a lot of rough stuff. So it means a lot to me. And nine is the best Dr and rose is the best companion. In my opinion anyway. :P

(I tried to post a picture of it but it won't let me. Haha. Maybe I'll make it my profile picture. Lol)