An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Slap Floor

MIKolbe

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1345249593' post='2469433']
i hate working out more than I hate doing dishes.
[/quote]

me too. urgh.

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1345249916' post='2469438']
Offer it up?
[/quote]
i just got Cam42 out of purgatory.

THAT's how much hate working out.

MissScripture

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1345251977' post='2469450']

i just got Cam42 out of purgatory.

THAT's how much hate working out.
[/quote]
:love:

I'm proud of you Mikolbe.

I also have been trying to work out, and I hate it intensely. I have been riding my bike up and down hills on purpose. Ohhhhh how I hate it. But it's gonna be good for me. I think.

Also proud of you!

Made a deal with the person I pray Morning & Evening Prayer with a few months ago -- we stay on the phone after we finish and walk around talking for 20 minutes. Not as good as a full work out, but 40 minutes of extra walking each day does make a difference.... I try for about 10,000 or more steps each day. Some days..... it can be a real challenge.....

We also track our steps on this website -- and we have 'walked' from near Washington D.C. to Idaho! Figure we will be at the coast some time this year! That is.... over 3000 miles and counting......

[url="http://exercise.lbl.gov/index.html;jsessionid=C1A4C89835AE2D27C6127D0CE23BB452"]http://exercise.lbl.gov[/url]

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1345297480' post='2469672']
I thought all men liked working out. Kolbe, do you have something to tell us?
[/quote]

umm...

You're really bad at "thinking"?

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1345297480' post='2469672']
I thought all men liked working out. Kolbe, do you have something to tell us?
[/quote]

sexist.

PhuturePriest

I don't work out. I practice karate. Practicing karate puts you in excellent shape, and it gives you great stamina and strength. You won't look buff, but you will be stronger. You of course do some tedious exercises like push-ups and sit-ups, but most of the tedious stuff for us is stretching. Maybe you could look around to see if there is a karate class near you? I wouldn't recommend Taekwondo since 99% of the time a lot of those classes are all about sport and nothing about self defense. True Taekwondo is great, but America is known for taking good things and then throwing up on them.

LinaSt.Cecilia2772

I love to swim and bike, but I hate to run. Swimming is my passion, so I would recommend it. Try to find something that isn't so typical when working out. When you find something that might actually be somewhat fun, it gets easier. And try not to concentrate on the pain so much. I distract myself from it all the time with music, daydreaming about anything, and offering it up for a sick person. When I do that, It makes me realize that the pain I'm going through in the work out isn't nearly the amount of pain say someone with cancer is going through. Oh and don't forget to breathe and hydrate.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345304123' post='2469713']
I don't work out. I practice karate. Practicing karate puts you in excellent shape, and it gives you great stamina and strength. You won't look buff, but you will be stronger. You of course do some tedious exercises like push-ups and sit-ups, but most of the tedious stuff for us is stretching. Maybe you could look around to see if there is a karate class near you? I wouldn't recommend Taekwondo since 99% of the time a lot of those classes are all about sport and nothing about self defense. True Taekwondo is great, but America is known for taking good things and then throwing up on them.
[/quote]

I am not a fan of eastern disciplines...

i got me a copy of the insanity workout.

I think when I lose a little more weight I will give it a try.