An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Slap Floor

MIKolbe

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1345298709' post='2469681']
I don't mind working out. I just hate getting off my arse to go do it.
[/quote]

This.

Once I've got myself motivated, I don't want to [i]stop [/i]working out... probably because I'm not sure when I'll ever get motivated to do it again. :P This means I tend to over-do it and sometimes end up out of commission for a couple of days, which obviously isn't good.

[quote name='LinaSt.Cecilia2772' timestamp='1345304729' post='2469717']
I love to swim and bike, but I hate to run. Swimming is my passion, so I would recommend it. Try to find something that isn't so typical when working out. When you find something that might actually be somewhat fun, it gets easier. And try not to concentrate on the pain so much. I distract myself from it all the time with music, daydreaming about anything, and offering it up for a sick person. When I do that, It makes me realize that the pain I'm going through in the work out isn't nearly the amount of pain say someone with cancer is going through. Oh and don't forget to breathe and hydrate.
[/quote]

Great advice! You're sort of offering it up doubly, since the pain will also result in your being healthier on top of whatever you can gain for others. :)

Keep up the good work! :)

PhuturePriest

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1345309118' post='2469727']
I am not a fan of eastern disciplines...

i got me a copy of the insanity workout.

I think when I lose a little more weight I will give it a try.
[/quote]

Well, you don't know until you try.

Ive started doing this workout [url="http://hundredpushups.com/test.html"]http://hundredpushups.com/test.html[/url]

which is pretty simple, but i like it.

I highly recommend the listening of heavy metal while working out.

LinaSt.Cecilia2772

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1345315260' post='2469760']
I'm more of a ganster rap while working our kinda of guy.
[/quote]

I'm the same way. Hahahaha

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1345315260' post='2469760']
I'm more of a ganster rap while working our kinda of guy.
[/quote]

Sadly "leaning like a (insert slur which can only be used by those it was originally intended to describe,)" probably doesn't burn that many calories. Sorry, dude. :\

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1345419173' post='2470304']
How quaint.....you think that's ganster rap.....
[/quote]

No. I think that's funny.

Also, YOU are the one who introduced me to that song. Trust me, I'd never have listened to it otherwise.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1345309118' post='2469727']
I am not a fan of eastern disciplines...

i got me a copy of the insanity workout.

I think when I lose a little more weight I will give it a try.
[/quote]

Matt has done insanity (and P90X), it's intense. I tried out the fitness test (which in and of itself is a pretty intense workout) but I hated all the jumping around plyo-stuff. I know a few other people who have used it and stuck with it though, and it works. I stick to running on my elliptical machine (I convinced Matt to buy one for me and I HATE to run but I will not allow this to be a waste of money!!!) and lifting weights. I don't enjoy it, but there is a certain satisfaction when you're done knowing what you've accomplished in that time. I make myself workout because I want to be as fit and healthy as I can be. For me and for my family. That doesn't stop me from making brownies, or eating fudge, but when I eat healthier 95% of the time and work out 5 days a week I think a little indulgence is fine. I eat a lot of fresh fruit and salads during the day. I'm also a firm believer in "what works for one person won't work for every person." You definitely have to find your groove, what works best for you and stick with it.

i keep trying to find an elliptical, but they're really expensive around here (even used). :( i'd really like one too.

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' timestamp='1345421550' post='2470319']
No. I think that's funny.

Also, YOU are the one who introduced me to that song. Trust me, I'd never have listened to it otherwise.
[/quote]
don't lie... it's unbecoming.

LinaSt.Cecilia2772

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1345425110' post='2470356']
Matt has done insanity (and P90X), it's intense. I tried out the fitness test (which in and of itself is a pretty intense workout) but I hated all the jumping around plyo-stuff. I know a few other people who have used it and stuck with it though, and it works. I stick to running on my elliptical machine (I convinced Matt to buy one for me and I HATE to run but I will not allow this to be a waste of money!!!) and lifting weights. I don't enjoy it, but there is a certain satisfaction when you're done knowing what you've accomplished in that time. I make myself workout because I want to be as fit and healthy as I can be. For me and for my family. That doesn't stop me from making brownies, or eating fudge, but when I eat healthier 95% of the time and work out 5 days a week I think a little indulgence is fine. I eat a lot of fresh fruit and salads during the day. I'm also a firm believer in "what works for one person won't work for every person." You definitely have to find your groove, what works best for you and stick with it.
[/quote]

Yeah I do the same thing as far as food goes. Since I have started training a lot more and a lot harder I have changed my diet a lot. Nutrition is key to having the energy to do work outs and get the most out of them. And personally I can't do It without a little indulgence with chocolate ice cream or cake every now and then. I'm a complete raw fruit junkie, and it gives me a lot of energy before a work out or for breakfast with yogurt and a little homemade granola for carbs. Balancing nutrients and carbs works wonders instead of constantly counting calories.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1345426321' post='2470364']
i keep trying to find an elliptical, but they're really expensive around here (even used). :( i'd really like one too.
[/quote]

The one we got was a Gold's Gym machine from WalMart (about 2 years ago). It cost us about $500 (which is double what I wanted to pay, but Matt thought the bigger one would be better so he could use it, too. he doesn't use it often, but he has the option). I know you hate Walmart but there are comparable options out there, even if you have to save up for a few months (which is what I think we did... I can't even remember). Target sells them, too (WalMart is the only option here unless I want to drive an hour out of my way), so their website might be worth looking into. I bet you could even find one with decent reviews at a reasonable price on Amazon if you have Prime and can get the free shipping (use the phatmass link and help dust in the process).

Don't mind me, I probably sound pushy but I'm just really fond of my elliptical because I hate running and it's a way to run without actually running. Also, I hate working out in front of other people so with one at home I don't have to go to a gym or anything. :|

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='LinaSt.Cecilia2772' timestamp='1345427041' post='2470371']
Yeah I do the same thing as far as food goes. Since I have started training a lot more and a lot harder I have changed my diet a lot. Nutrition is key to having the energy to do work outs and get the most out of them. And personally I can't do It without a little indulgence with chocolate ice cream or cake every now and then. I'm a complete raw fruit junkie, and it gives me a lot of energy before a work out or for breakfast with yogurt and a little homemade granola for carbs. Balancing nutrients and carbs works wonders instead of constantly counting calories.
[/quote]

Yeah, I probably let myself have a smallish... maybe medium sized treat a couple times a week, particularly on the weekend. For breakfast I usually eat a banana with peanut butter (which sounds small but is a big deal to me because for most of my life I have skipped breakfast and I'm really trying to build better eating habits, healthier options, portion control, etc.). I'm not a raw food proponent or a vegetarian or anything, but I know that there are healthy ways to have my cake and eat it, too. haha

i like all food... that's a bit of my problem. lol raw fruit, veg...fish, chicken...all the good stuff....

but then I also like the bad stuff. lol

so..no bad stuff, and portion control has helped alot.... that and 150 oz. of water a day. and only one cup of coffee. lol...and MAYBE a diet Dr. Pepper every 3rd day...

the dr. i am seeing says i HAVE TO eat breakfast. I have never been a breakfast guy. ever. He pretty told me 'so what, eat breakfast everyday'. He said to eat smaller meals, and feel free to have a SMALL snack in between meals... carrots, granola, fruit, w/e. And then no eating after 7:30pm. That is the most difficult. I have definitely notice my habit of eating. come 8-9 at night, i am not hungry (per se), but i want to eat. It is still really difficult. I suppose i get a bit 'agitated' during that time too... so i've been told. :|