An Old School Catholic Message Board

Help Needed...mother Against Vocation

soundbyte

TheresaThoma

Hi I saw that I replied to this thread a long time ago but over time things have changed (though I still stand by most of what I said before).

Recently my mom has become more open to my vocation and in some ways supportive. I know this is due to several factors. One is that I moved out on my own. The second is that I started sharing things with her in small doses. I focused on things that she could relate to, funny stories, things about the Sisters that made them more human. Through that she became more open about talking about it in general. I think the most recent thing is she has started to see how the community I am currently discerning with cares about me as a person and not just as a perspective Sister. I think in some ways she feels like they are on the same "team" everyone involved wants me to be healthy and happy. Also prayer! I have been praying for her and the Sisters have been praying for her.  I will have to see what happens when/if I come to actually entering but for now I am happy.

Some days I am still in shock that she has become more open to my vocation. I hope that this gives others some hope for their own situation.