An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Workout Thread

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

I ran for the first time in 3 weeks but I wasnt able to run for 25 minutes straight like I could before I got sick. Im a little sad but its ok! I worked out and thats all the matters!

I had to take a few breaks while running because my thighs and calvs were getting tired...they werent used to it like they had been!

But I am not worried. It will just take a couple days to get back into the swing of things. I feel like my body with adapt back quicker since I have already been running those distances.

I ran today.  My app complimented me.  I should do better. ugh.  But I got to play tennis with a friend!

Ya the one that comes on an iPod Nano.  Nothing special keeps stats.  Incorrectly I might add but it is useful.  It's Nike something I think.  I don't have a smartphone, tablet, or any other portable thinking device.  I don't think well on my feet as it is.  Last thing I need is a device that's asks me to do less of it.  

I used to track my running using a stop watch off my ipod, but it was super annoying having to pull it out every so often to check the time.

Now I use and app called 5K Runner and it has reminders that sound over my music so its nice! 

Im a very inexperienced runner so its helpful for me at least! Im sure people who run all the time know how to time themselves but I LIKE MY APP! :P 

Your app sounds quite a bit like mine.  Cool.  I like mine.  Wouldn't enjoy running as much without it.  Even though it's inaccurate.  

Hahaha! Mine is meant to help couch potatoes train for their first 5k! I love the app so much! It really made it easier to track! The fact that I can see my own progress is really cool

Hit my new highest time! I ran for 28 minutes yesterday!

I believe my speed is a 13 minute mile...pretty slow for the average person, but for me its awesome! :)

southern california guy

Hit my new highest time! I ran for 28 minutes yesterday!

I believe my speed is a 13 minute mile...pretty slow for the average person, but for me its amesome! :)

Running for a half hour straight is pretty darn good!  I think that is much better than the average person can do.  I am still just walking a mile, and it takes me almost that long.  Of course I am coming back from a broken leg, but my goal is to eventually be able to do 2 miles in that time.

But recovering from a broken leg is proving to be much tougher than I had imagined.  Yesterday I went to work and worked about an hour less than usual.  My leg felt great and the swelling was almost totally gone.  This morning the swelling was totally gone -- but I also woke up with a headache and was too nauseous to go to work.  I don't know if it is something I ate or just part of the recovery process.  Maybe if I feel better this afternoon I will go walking again.

Running for a half hour straight is pretty darn good!  I think that is much better than the average person can do.  I am still just walking a mile, and it takes me almost that long.  Of course I am coming back from a broken leg, but my goal is to eventually be able to do 2 miles in that time.

But recovering from a broken leg is proving to be much tougher than I had imagined.  Yesterday I went to work and worked about an hour less than usual.  My leg felt great and the swelling was almost totally gone.  This morning the swelling was totally gone -- but I also woke up with a headache and was too nauseous to go to work.  I don't know if it is something I ate or just part of the recovery process.  Maybe if I feel better this afternoon I will go walking again.

Keep up the walking!! I have never broken a bone, but I am sure the recovery process takes work.

Even if you feel down, just remember to take it slow. Go at your own pace and be proud of that!

It was always easy for me to feel bad about how slow I ran or not being able to run as far as other people, but I just kept reminding myself that for me, what I was doing was great!

Oh it's a local walking/biking trail.  It's named after an old electric trolley line that used to run along it.  I go from my town to the next town and back when I can walk it.