An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Workout Thread

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

had a volleyball game last night (we lost) and had vball practice today (we had to run a lot, my coach was mad at us) :p

I've not worked out per se today, but I did 2 student evals down where I teach on the other side of campus and went there myself.  Which means I've walked around 4km compared to my 5km I do usually on a walk, with one stretch being a 50 degree hill for over a hundred feet.

Kickball game.  We won.  Twas kinda helter skelter.  Went 3 for 3 a plate with a walk and at least 1 run.  Played first.  The people at the bar after are wow.  We officially still have no captain.  

Softball practice yesterday.  I was really tearing the cover off the ball!!!!!  playing well in the outfield too!  raked today.  My hands look like raking hands because of it too lol.  I am raking at work now all the home raking was finished Friday and I started work raking Thursday.  At the very most this sore guy might jiggle his wiimote a lil today.  

Spem in alium

Awesome thread!
Did some boxing the other day, combined with a bit of cardio. Great workout, even though my punching bag is VERY used and difficult to work with - guess that just adds more of a challenge, hey? :)

ChristinaTherese

I walked a mile mile to Mass and back. (0.5 mi each way.) I would have gone rock climbing if I got my homework done early enough. I'll go tomorrow, though.

Kickball game lost 0 to 1.  I played the best on our team.  I went 1 for 2.  Was our only player to reach 2nd base made some awesome defensive plays.  On top of that I had a acrobatic diving catch in foul territory that they said touched the ground that didn't and now my left pinky is messed up pretty good.  Everyone said it looked amazing even tho it was just a strike lol.  This team is def a drinking crowd and one of our best players is prolly headed to Hawaii on business making it so our chances of not forfeiting often is slim.  

• 3 weeks later...

Pulled a groin in the post above so working out hasn't been going so good lately.  That being said...  1st let me cap up the indoor softball season I went 5 for 9 with I think it was 3 runs and a RBI.  Eliminated in the first round of the playoffs in extra innings.  I have been the Kickball's team only 1st baseman, but I won't be there Thursday so that'll have to give.  I imagine, they're a silly group but I don't imagine they'll just do away with the position for a week.  I am 5 for 10 with a double, a run, an RBI and an actual walk which is not my style.  I have been there for all of my games so far.  We are 1-3.  Our 3rd baseman uses steroids and is proud of it.  

The softball team that makes summer worth living: NHDOT!  Been there for 2 games this season we lost the first one by one run, I made an error in the field.  I think the team had an error for every run if not more.  I think we lost 16-17.  Game 2 I didn't play cause historically they are a bunch of bullies that just want to hurt people and that's not worth my time.  We won anyways!  :winner:

Last night is the second night we have mercy ruled anyone ever.  Winning 34-3 we only played 6 of the 7 innings do to weather and the Bruins game being on and of course the fact that we were killing them.  Nonetheless I was the lead off man again.  Walking, bunting, stealing and K-ing are not possible in this league, yet it is the fiercest competition of any of the numerous leagues I have been in with maaaaybe one exception.  I went 3 for 5 reached on an error, 2 runs and 3 RBIs.  Bringing me to 6 for 11 with 5 Runs a double 3 RBIs (lol on that last one).  Playing right field, right center and left center so far...  the groin is coming along but still not where I would like it to be.  :|  

Im training for my first 5K cause Im a tub of lard.

Im using an app on my ipod called 5k Runner, I really like it!

Free Stryder and push ups today softball tommorow!

Golf today, then 55 minutes on treadmill, then chest and tris. Now a big glass of muscle milk and then bed.