An Old School Catholic Message Board

Adorers Of The Sacred Heart Of Montmartre / Tyburn Nuns

Lil'Nun

maximillion

I know the nuns a little as I used to do my individual retreats with them.

The community is young and vibrant and attracts vocations - the Sisters have made various foundations in the last few years.

A good friend of mine has discerned with them and is very good friends with the sisters (she's on PM actually, kg94). She always said wonderful things about them.

I did enquire with them and still have the materials they sent me, including their DVD, and if you wanted them I would be happy to pass them along. 

A good friend of mine has discerned with them and is very good friends with the sisters (she's on PM actually, kg94). She always said wonderful things about them.

I did enquire with them and still have the materials they sent me, including their DVD, and if you wanted them I would be happy to pass them along. 

Yes, please EmilyAnn that would be wonderful! Is it okay if I send you a PM?  :)

They look lovely. I am hoping to make a retreat there. Not specifically for discernment, Just a simple initial retreat.

Okay, so here is the 20 million dollar question. Does anyone know if they are open to older enquirers? Y'know, just in case I might, possibly, maybe, theoretically be tempted? Just asking. Y'know, Purely out of curiosity.  :paperbag:  :pigsfly:

I have responsibility for an infirm, older relative. So I do not know exactly when I will be free to enter. But it is good to know what might be possible... :)

OnlySunshine

Okay, so here is the 20 million dollar question. Does anyone know if they are open to older enquirers? Y'know, just in case I might, possibly, maybe, theoretically be tempted? Just asking. Y'know, Purely out of curiosity.  :paperbag:  :pigsfly:

Eligibility: The Tyburn Nuns consider vocations of all ages. If God calls, who are we to say He is wrong?

http://vocationoperation.blogspot.com/2012/10/community-spotlight-tyburn-convent.html

Yes, please EmilyAnn that would be wonderful! Is it okay if I send you a PM?   :)

Absolutely :)

Eligibility: The Tyburn Nuns consider vocations of all ages. If God calls, who are we to say He is wrong?

http://vocationoperation.blogspot.com/2012/10/community-spotlight-tyburn-convent.html

I just wanted to add that blog post was written by the sisters, with the help of my friend who I mentioned before (she and I co-write that blog) so it's solid info. :)

Edited by EmilyAnn

Chiara Francesco

Yes, they are!  I am past 49, shall we say!, and they definitely are!  A GREAT book to read is called "Tyburn Hill of Glory" written by the nuns on their foundress, Mother Mary of St. Peter/Marie Adele Garnier which I had but sold and I had read a few times!  It's at Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Tyburn-Hill-Glory-TYBURN-CONVENT/dp/B000S5KWXW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365371048&sr=8-1&keywords=tyburn+hill+of+glory

I had a copy with a lot of black and white pictures.  It is the story of her life and the founding of Tyburn.  Definitely get it. 

Thank you all for your helpful posts. :)

I have a big smile on my face now. God willing I will go on retreat there in August and find out more.

You are all wonderful. :)

x