An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your Catholic Iq Score

PhuturePriest

Yeah, there were a few questions that were a little off the mark in my opinion, Miles.   And the way they had it set up for the scoring, if you reversed them you got 2 points taken off rather than one....  Grrrr...

I am pretty sure I would have done a bit better if I had been able to see the screen a bit better.   But since I missed the question bout where the pope lives, I'm pretty sure I either 1) hit the wrong little circle... or 2) they had both R and VC as answers.  I know I didn't select A.....

PhuturePriest

Yeah, there were a few questions that were a little off the mark in my opinion, Miles.   And the way they had it set up for the scoring, if you reversed them you got 2 points taken off rather than one....  Grrrr...

I am pretty sure I would have done a bit better if I had been able to see the screen a bit better.   But since I missed the question bout where the pope lives, I'm pretty sure I either 1) hit the wrong little circle... or 2) they had both R and VC as answers.  I know I didn't select A.....

I selected the Vatican and it said it was correct, so perhaps you accidentally selected the wrong circle.

PhuturePriest

I'm about halfway through, and the snark is really annoying.   :|

What do you mean by snark?

I can't speak for Basilisa, but I know for me there were a few times when it felt like it was less about this is a fun test of how much Catholic trivia and knowledge we've accumulated combined with a way to help each other identify our weak areas and find Truth together' and more about 'I know it all, unlike the rest of you idiots, and i'm gonna trap you'.  

That's how I would define snark in this case. 

That said, yes, I felt it, and no, I didn't appreciate it.  To be honest.  I almost stopped half way through because of it.   I find that attitude really off-putting.

To Jesus Through Mary

These are your Catholic IQ Test results:
Catholic IQ: 194Section Correct/Total Possible Score
Bible 33/37 (89.19%)
History 15/15 (100%)
Morality & Virtue 22/22 (100%)
Heaven & Hell 12/12 (100%)
Prayer 8/8 (100%)
Dogma 9/9 (100%)
Anti-Catholics 13/15 (86.67%)
Sacraments 11/11 (100%)
Mass 19/19 (100%)
Special Days 8/8 (100%)
Religious Nobles 13/15 (86.67%)
Church Information 23/23 (100%)
Miscellaneous 8/8 (100%)

Basilisa Marie

Calling Islam a heresy, various repeated comments about sexism, stuff like that.  I'm not amused.  (Thought I want my score! Why is it so looooongggg)

I selected the Vatican and it said it was correct, so perhaps you accidentally selected the wrong circle.

I think you are right, MIles, but you know... I don't think the office is 'bishop of Vatican City'  I think it is 'Bishop of Rome' and I think either answer should have been acceptable.  Avignon, definitely not! 

My 500 lire!  (except they don't use 'em in Italy any more....)

What do you mean by snark?

I can't speak for Basilisa, but I know for me there were a few times when it felt like it was less about this is a fun test of how much Catholic trivia and knowledge we've accumulated combined with a way to help each other identify our weak areas and find Truth together' and more about 'I know it all, unlike the rest of you idiots, and i'm gonna trap you'.  

That's how I would define snark in this case. 

That said, yes, I felt it, and no, I didn't appreciate it.  To be honest.  I almost stopped half way through because of it.   I find that attitude really off-putting.

Calling Islam a heresy, various repeated comments about sexism, stuff like that.  I'm not amused.  (Thought I want my score! Why is it so looooongggg)

That too...  and just the attitude toward some of the protestant beliefs.  kinda condescending.   But they're entitled to their opinons.. I'd just have tried to frame the questions a little more neutrally. 

PhuturePriest

Okay, am I seriously the only one who didn't get the morality/virtue ones right? I'm seriously confused on what I got wrong. It won't tell you, which is annoying.

I think it iwas some poorly worded questions again.  I vaguely remember a few that really defined various items oddly.   I don't want to go into more specifics, cause there are still people taking the test.  'eyes on your own papers!'  ;)   (What do they say now, Miles... now that everything is paperless....?)

Basilisa Marie

182!  Meh.  

I got Heaven and Hell, Dogma, Prayer, Special Days, Religious Nobles, and Church info 100%. 

I call foul on the ten commandments question. :) 

Edited by Basilisa Marie

I'd like to know what I screwed up on the Sacraments?!   It had to be that the stuff was too tiny or I hit the wrong keys/letters..... becuase I definitely know them.

ALTHOUGH.... one question had to do with children receiving Anointing of the Sick, and I know we got a surprise with Baby Leo that he wasn't able to get the Anointing because he was a baby... who would have thunk?  But it was the only answer left.   :think2:

Now I am presuming one answer to a sacrament... if not so, then grrrrr they needed to say that because in other places, that was the rule....

Edited by AnneLine

DiscerningCatholic

Okay, am I seriously the only one who didn't get the morality/virtue ones right? I'm seriously confused on what I got wrong. It won't tell you, which is annoying.

It does. On the page that gives you your score, there's a button further down on the page that says "Show me what I got wrong" or something like that.