An Old School Catholic Message Board

Epic Fail (2)

Papist

homeschoolmom

Yikes. That is scary.

Now my kids understand fully why I make them label their math problems-- every time without fail.

One of the scariest fails ever. Scary because math illiteracy is going to kill people. I really don't want to be under a nurse's care who thinks that math is just a matter of opinion.

No offense to anyone who has worked such a job, but that's probably why she's working in a Verizon call center and not as a nurse...

homeschoolmom

No offense to anyone who has worked such a job, but that's probably why she's working in a Verizon call center and not as a nurse...

I've never worked such a job, but I'm pretty confident that "leaving the script" is not really allowed. No thinking, please! You'll notice that both agents keep going back the script: "If you take 0.002 times...." without really being able or allowed to *listen* to what the guy is saying. But I'm not sure that they would have gotten it anyway. When she said she saw the difference between a dollar and a cent and a half dollar and a half cent, but then couldn't follow with the difference between $0.002 and 0.002c... I died a little in that moment.

IcePrincessKRS

1Posuxr.gif

That's kind of a win. I mean, half the roof cleaned off in 2 seconds and he landed on his feet.

homeschoolmom

That's kind of a win. I mean, half the roof cleaned off in 2 seconds and he landed on his feet.

'Cept he's straddling the fence, no? :pinch:

IcePrincessKRS

'Cept he's straddling the fence, no? :pinch:

I think he's straddling the bottom rungs of the ladder.The fencing (which looks almost like netting) seems to be a few feet further out, underneath the ladder.

It just cracked me up how he kind of shrugs and nods his head like "There ya go, all cleaned off."

Edited by IcePrincessKRS

Why would anyone feel it necessary to shovel snow off a roof anyway?  If you live in a climate that gets snow, your roof should be able to support the weight of a heavy snowfall.  Coals to Newcastle is what it is.

I've never worked such a job, but I'm pretty confident that "leaving the script" is not really allowed. No thinking, please! You'll notice that both agents keep going back the script: "If you take 0.002 times...." without really being able or allowed to *listen* to what the guy is saying. But I'm not sure that they would have gotten it anyway. When she said she saw the difference between a dollar and a cent and a half dollar and a half cent, but then couldn't follow with the difference between $0.002 and 0.002c... I died a little in that moment.

Yes. It seemed they were defending a calculation rather than trying to understand what the customer was explaining.

I think he's straddling the bottom rungs of the ladder.The fencing (which looks almost like netting) seems to be a few feet further out, underneath the ladder.

It just cracked me up how he kind of shrugs and nods his head like "There ya go, all cleaned off."

I think he said, I meant to do that.