An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nun Run Communities

ToJesusMyHeart

I still don't have my work schedule that far into May.  When I do, I'll confirm but I'll probably only be able to visit the OSIH and maybe the SRMSHJ.

Mary+Immaculate<3

If you're going to Ohio you should definitely visit the order of the sacred and immaculate hearts of Jesus and Mary. And let me know when because that's only about an hour drive from where I live :) I'd like to visit them too.

Definitely do that! And tell Sr. Teresa that Mary-Catherine says hello :hehe:
Seriously, if you are going to see the Franciscian Sisters TOR and the Sisters of the Reparation of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the OSIHJM is really close. It's like 30 minutes from Steubie, so you could do that and the TORs. The OSIHJM has a retreat house that the students use from Steubie for retreats, so you could totally stay there :) hope you can go, and please tell me if you do!!

Mary+Immaculate<3

Also--I just read the rest of the thread. If you do end up going to Toledo for either/or the LSOP or the Visitation Sisters, please tell me! I'd love to at least ask my mom about it.

Mary+Immaculate<3

Also--I just read the rest of the thread. If you do end up going to Toledo for either/or the LSOP or the Visitation Sisters, please tell me! I'd love to at least ask my mom about it.

ToJesusMyHeart

Updated List:

Proposed Religious communities for Nun Run 2013:

1)      Cloistered Carmelites— Lafayette, LA: Confirmed yes

2)      Sisters of our Lady of Sorrows -- Shreveport, LA: Emailed today, awaiting reply.

3)      Dominican Nuns of the Perpertual Rosary--Marbury, AL: Confirmed yes!

4)      Nashville Dominicans – Nashville, TN: â€‹Confirmed yes

5)      Passionists – Whitesville, KY: â€‹Confirmed yes

6)     Carmelites DCJ --Owensboro, KY: Awaiting reply (and I got their other convent to pester them too)

7)      Franciscan Daughters of Mary, Pro-Life Missionaries -- Covington, KY: Awaiting reply

8)      Sisters of Reparation to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus – Steubenville, OH: â€‹Confirmed yes

9)      The Order of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts—Hopedale, OH: Confirmed yes!

10)   Children of Mary—Newark, OH: â€‹Confirmed yes

:dance6:

Edited by ToJesusMyHeart

ToJesusMyHeart

Approval from Frans, Daughters of Mary, Pro Life Missionaries!

TWO MORE TO GO.  :beg:

ToJesusMyHeart

Confirmation from Sisters of Our Lady of Sorrows! 

And we are visiting their Laffy convent instead of Shreveport, which makes our route shorter. :)

Just waiting on the Carmel DCJ in Owensboro now. 

Please pray that we have enough girls coming. We have 5 "maybes."

domenica_therese

When are you going? I know someone who might be interested -- assuming you're taking random people.

I'm all excited even though I'll only get to visit one or two communities tops...it's just going to be nice to not have to book a flight and get time off work, etc.  I love it when convents are close to home   :hehe2:

ToJesusMyHeart

When are you going? I know someone who might be interested -- assuming you're taking random people.

We are starting in College Station, TX with Mass at 7am on Thursday, May 9. However, your friend could meet us along the way if she can't come to Texas. 

It's from May 9 to May 20. :)

We are taking random, female, Catholic people! She is absolutely welcome.

ToJesusMyHeart

I should just remind everyone that this is not free. 

We are going to divide the cost of gas among us equally. Obviously if you are meeting us in Ohio then you will pay less. So anyway, please keep that in mind in the coming weeks to make sure you are able to pitch in your fair share of gas money. Thanks! :)

ToJesusMyHeart

And if you're meeting us in Ohio and you haven't yet, please PM me your phone number. 

petitpèlerin

This is a great itinerary! I wish I could join you for the Ohio portion, since I'm an Ohioan and you're visiting my two favorite communities in the state (the Children of Mary and the Sisters of Reparation), but I won't be back there from France until a couple weeks later.

By the way the Children of Mary are located in one of the most beautiful parts of the state. Enjoy the natural setting!

domenica_therese

We are starting in College Station, TX with Mass at 7am on Thursday, May 9. However, your friend could meet us along the way if she can't come to Texas. 

It's from May 9 to May 20. :)

We are taking random, female, Catholic people! She is absolutely welcome.

Ah, that starts before her finals finish, so I doubt it would work. If I hear of anyone else who might be interested I'll let you know though!