An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nun Run Communities

ToJesusMyHeart

You young ladies have a fabulous time on the Nun Run.  Be sure to give a special hello to the Passionists in Whitesville from me! 

Is your daughter in that community? Or someone else you know?

Since NunMother is sleeping, I'll be happy to answer this one!!!

The only thing wrong with this photo of NunMother's daughter... is that now she has a black veil!

SCeciliaMaria.JPG

photo-10761.png?_r=1360555109

NunReceivePassionSignblog.jpg

AnneLine, on 06 May 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

Praying for all of you...

I just had a thought. ... have you asked the communities you will be visiting if they have had contacts from prospective candidates who might want to join you? It would help you get some numbers, and also would let them visit some additional communities.

You might also want to just send a generic email out to other community's vocation director and/or the vocation contact in the dioceses you will be visiting, noting 'we're putting this together -- do you know of anyone who has contacted you from this area who might be interested'?

You never know who the Spirit might want to touch through this....

Thanks Anneline! Unfortunately, we actually don't seem to have much room in the car to fit extra girls, so it is providential that our number is so small. We're visiting 10 different communities and we don't have time for any more to add to our list. I've gotta be back to TX cuz I have another flight to catch to NYC and these 12 days and 10 convents are all we can fit. :) But thank you so much for the suggestions. We're actually merging our group with a Nun Run group from U of Miami in Nashville and Whitesville.

such a terrible problem - no room!!!!    If/when you want to do another trip, might want to think about this if your car isn't filling up.  But the Holy Spirit always gets the ones He wants into the vehicles.... 

Will be praying for you.... and my Secular Order group meets this Friday night, and I'll ask them to pray for you as well....

ToJesusMyHeart

Thanks for all your support and prayers! 

Question: Somebody named "Maria" added themselves to the Doodle. Who are you, and when are you expecting to join us on the Nun Run?

NunMother

I woke up! When there is beautiful weather in Washington, one has to stay off the computer and get outside and enjoy! You guys do such a better job posting. As the other indicated, "Yes! Our daughter is with the Passionists in Whitesville."

Anyway, I believe that Sister Cecilia Maria and Sister Rose Marie will be part of the "Welcoming Team" and help facilitate your time at St. Joseph's Monastery. I am so jealous that you are going.

Von voyage and drive safely!