An Old School Catholic Message Board

Novena For Barbara Therese

Guest Allie

Praying hard for you, Barbara Therese... and getting others to do so. God is with you.

I don't seem to be able to either send or receive PMs, but if you'd email me at slevami at yahoo dot com with your first name and your mother,s first name, I 'd be happy to put a prayer request for your recovery into a crack in the Western Wall of the Temple -- a Jewish custom.

BarbTherese

I keep loosing my post!

Thank you very much, Antigonos - and please do pray for me at the Whispering Wall.

Went to Vigil Mass tonight and Confession beforehand, anointing and Father blest a few items for me.  After Mass four of us went to a great little Italian restaurant near my home.  Good wine, good friends, good conversation and heaps and heaps of laughter.  The food was outstandingly good at very reasonable prices.  Three of us polished off almost a whole bottle of house red, and very nice red too.

We have decided to ask Father at some point in the future to come along with us and we will pay the bill. Father is only relatively new in our parish.  Tonight I got via email a copy of the pic I had taken with our Archbishop and on his other side is the teenager (daughter of the lady who takes me to Mass) from our parish.  She reads with me at Mass periodically when our names come up.

My dog, Buddie, had his bath today with the mobile dogwash.  Then my neighbour and I sat out the front in the warmth for a while with our dogs.  It has been quite warm here today 25degrees, but no sunshine, rather low cloud cover and quite humid.

It is 3.06am in the morning here and I usually go to bed around 9.30pm or so!!! My doc has told me to take life easy and I have no problems whatsoever abiding by her instructions.  So tomorrow, our day of rest, I will be out of bed probably around midday, if then.   Once I hit the sack after medication, takes about 30 - 45 minutes and its "Goodnight Barbara!" and off with the sandman. This is the way to live, no thoughts on my mind whatsoever, whatsoever, about what I just have to do tomorrow.

PS I am so out of my normal routine I got confused on a previous post - how strange! LOL.  I am loosing track of day and date.........how strange! LOL I see my gyno on Monday morning and he will have the results of the Tumour Marker Test which is a blood test to see if any indications of malignancy are present.  He should be able to tell me a bit more on MOnday and hopefully a day for admittance to hospital.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

Guest Allie

St_Peregrine_holy_card.jpg

Day 4

I am not doing Internet/Social communication from 1st Vespers of Sunday to Compline Sunday night but will be  praying the novena for you even though i don't post it.  Loving prayers, Allie

BarbTherese

Praying hard for you, Barbara Therese... and getting others to do so.   God is with you.

Thank you, AnnaLine, very much indeed.  It is very humbling and moves one to much gratitude.

No matter which way I turn, I am overwhelmed with consolations.  I was talking to my Carmelite Prioress on the phone (after surgery when I can I am going to their little monastery to have lunch with them) - only three Carmelite nuns left here and one is not too well either.  They have sold their beautiful monastery and it is now a big home for aged people (the oldest part of the monastery is being preserved and it includes the original parlour.  The Sisters now live in an older home on a beach.  I said to Sister: "I am just overwhelmed with many consolations - and The Lord is sending them to encourage and support me along the way at this time" - "Right on" she replied.  I love her dearly and whenever I need her (and its been like this for 20 years) I am to phone day or night at any time day or night.  She has stuck to me through thick and thin and sometimes if I was having an episode, I would have been a great embarrasment to her I am sure. We did meet before Bipolar onset and were pen pals. She never even flinched if I was ill, not once, not once.  She even visited me in hospital once with an extern sister and brought flowers she picked from Carmel's garden.  Probably, she had to go somewhere and called in to the hospital on the way home.  I was stunned to see her smiling face outside of Carmel itself.  She is a gem and a saint and professed now for over 65 years and looks like she is in her late forties and her marbles are more together than I think mine have ever been, even before Bipolar.  There is not one subject I have ever raised about which she was not well informed and I feel that her visitors to the parlour keep her in the loop of all things - and I mean ALL things.

Thanks AL again, very much!!!

Edited by BarbaraTherese

BarbTherese

Day 4

I am not doing Internet/Social communication from 1st Vespers of Sunday to Compline Sunday night but will be  praying the novena for you even though i don't post it.  Loving prayers, Allie

Thanks Allie!   How wonderful your plans for Sundays -  and far better than I when I am being my very best!  Thank you very much for praying for me. 

At times I can see a future ahead of me and I plan, at times I can see Heaven.  But it is a great consolation and blessing that I can't decide which I like more!  It is the not knowing at this point that is difficult - and patience is not my best point by  a long shot.  Sitting is not too comfortable at nine months pregnant :) - and my back is playing up and if I lay down for any length of time, it is so hard to get up and walk - so I vary things during the day.  I am a night owl and at last I have the means to indulge fully in my night owlishness. :) with nothing else to do whatsoever.  Nor is not knowing what is what easy for such as I...................c'est la vie!  When my Mum was waiting for cancer results , I wrote a poem and a line - "Results keep 9 to 5, it's the dishes that keep me sane"

I just thought.  I have some new very good artist's acrylic paint and a sketch on a canvas - I might work on that.  I have bought books for hospital, but if I start one, I will not finish until it is finished......and I would like them for hospital.

I have suspended formal prayer times until after surgery and recovery - and I'm now what I call "praying on the run" or as I go about my day with my Ever Constant Companion whenever I avert.  I am taking my Office Book to hospital with me and, of course, my Rosary.  I'd like to take my crucifix, but I have BluTacked it on my litte oratory wall and it is glued so tight with brand new BluTack that I think I would take off the plaster too if I tried to remove it - not only that it is too big I have decided.  But I have a great artist's image of Jesus here - He has a very slight smile on His Face and His Eyes look dead into the eyes of the viewer and with obvious love and warmth.  It is only about 6" x 5"roughly and I will take that.  Printed it off the net.

I am not buying any statues until I can come across one of Our Lady and St Joseph for my oratory that really and truly appeal to me and are of equal size, reasonably priced.  I have artist's images I like though ...................BluTacked to the wall with new BluTack :)  I have a small real pic copy of St Therese too pre Carmel with long hair I will put in my suitcase for hospital.

Writing is cathartic for me and relieves any stress because when I write I am focused on what I am writing if not spelling and typing accuracy :)

I am so grateful for so much..........it overwhelms me!  I really dont want to sleep, a little fearful that these consolations will pass away through the night, if I am honest with myself about the hour and its now 4.28am.  Not to worry, not to worry, not to worry, although a priest who iknew me well once said "If you had nothing to worry about, I know you would find a fly climbing up a wall to worry about! :)

Thank you once again!

BarbTherese

I just thought, I might set up a blog and then those that would like to follow my curent journey in life can do so.  I can write then to my heart's content dawn to dawn and not burden Phatmass and the Novena thread for me.  My family might be interested too and some others I know that are close to me. Yeah, I might do that...........pray first!!!!   

If I go ahead, the link will be in my signature ............... and if not.....................no link in my signature - howzat for genius! :cheer:

mmmmmmmmm ......i n t e r e s t i n g...... Bob Dylan once wrote "I have a head full of ideas that are driving me insane"......................I kno the feelin, Bob!

BarbTherese

Slept very soundly 7-1/2 hrs 'last night' but must watch my body clock I know before it fully adjusts itself and nighttime becomes daytime-  and now trying to set up a blog on Wordpress, which is slowly driving me nutty and wont be spending too much more time on it. I have asked for help on Open Mike.  My next thought is to put a thread into an appropriate forum on Phatmass (not VS) re this journey titled "A Journey" or similar -  if I simply cannot work out how to use Wordpress without headaches. 

Today being Sunday here will be a very quiet day and nothing at all much to do.  I automatically completely switch off on Sundays unless there is something that really must be done and cannot wait.  Most things wont ' pack and leave home ' and will be still here needing to be done come the morrow.

Greetings BT! I have a hour and a half before it turns Sunday!! I missed confession today..as I did last Saturday. hate when that happens...or..doesn't! Lol I will say prayers for you at mass tomorrow!! We have the most awesome full size statue of Saint Therese holding her roses! Of course..that is the name of the church!! ;) I will light a candle for you!! Hang in there!! I would love to follow you as you journey! You are not alone!! ;) Nite nite

BarbTherese

Greetings BT! I have a hour and a half before it turns Sunday!! I missed confession today..as I did last Saturday. hate when that happens...or..doesn't! Lol I will say prayers for you at mass tomorrow!! We have the most amesome full size statue of Saint Therese holding her roses! Of course..that is the name of the church!! ;) I will light a candle for you!! Hang in there!! I would love to follow you as you journey! You are not alone!! ;) Nite nite

Thank you very much, Nikita! How blest you are to belong to the parish of St Therese - I hold that our Confirmation and parish saint come about through Divine Providence and have something important to say to us through their lives while on earth and are special patrons through life.  My Church is St Monica's.  I have two Catholic delinquent sons (logical reasons) and since St Monica is a special patron, I know both to pray ardently always for them and that they will be in Heaven with me and all the rest of us. The Lord is indeed amazing, as someone said here, both their partners are Cathoic women and thought not practising themselves - a long chat with them reveals that they take their Catholicism very seriously.  Step one in their return to their Faith!  Aint The Lord grand.

I was able to get to Confession Sat night and as always I prepared by jotting down what I wanted to say in prompt form.  After my Confession, since no one else was in The Church, Father and I chatted away and got to know each other.  He is as laid back and Aussie as me - and just as good a never lost talker.  We covered a few subjects.  Next time my friends and I got out to dinner after Mass and I am back on my feet we are going to take him out to dinner - our cost (or rather I will pay for him)

I set up my blog last night http://gaudiumbethany.wordpress.com/ and it is published, but no post as yet.  It was a regular pain, very painful, for a technological dyslexic (me) to set it all up and took hours and I did get help in Open Mike Forum.

Thank you very much for the candle.  I have great devotion indeed to Our Lady.  I have her on a very high pedestal as the essence of discipleship, femininity, true feminism, motherhood and as a wife.  She is the most beautiful of women and the most gentle and kind and overwhelmingly beautiful.  Her interior shows on her exterior - at least to my imagination that is.

The Lord in His constant generosity to his least to keep me on the track has surrounded me with consolation and loving people everywhere - including on Phatmass here.

Seeing gyno at 9.50am and while they will not know exactly what is the situation until I have surgery, we should know a little more from the expertise of the gyno.

God bless adn thank you and all once again..............Barb

Blog http://gaudiumbethany.wordpress.com/  No post as yet, probably tonight and I shall burden this thread no longer, rather write into the blog.

Broken Christians hurt but they don't quit, even tho they may feel empty. They must do that because there is no one else who can sing their song. That's the song God put in that individual's heart to sing for Him. And they do that because they witness to the grace God offers, His faithfulness and His unconditional love.
Thank you Lord that I haven't been completely crushed by the heaviness in my heart or by the pounding of the surf on me, your broken shell. Thank you for the courage to live with my pain and the strength to remain faithful, a gift given to me through your grace. Amen!

BarbTherese

I posted a comment! ;)

Nikita, if you mean on my blog - oh man am I having problems!  I thought this blog business would be easy..........................not soooooo! for me anyway.  The blog seems to be published, but Google can't find it. I wrote an ABOUT (me) as my first page as ABOUT I could not figure out how to post.  Checked and not only could Google not find the blog, but my first page was not published either.

I have a really big night ahead of me 6.32pm here on Monday 29th. April and I have no idea whatsoever when I will be able to go back to Wordpress and try try try to figure out how on earth it works.  And me a technological dyslexic!!!!

Oh.  ............?............HECK! Phatmass softwear or whatever is such a problem to me.  How on earth did a double post come up!!!!!!

Apologies.

Edited by BarbaraTherese