An Old School Catholic Message Board

Name Your Pet Peeves

add

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

A couple big ones.  

When I tell people I am color blind and they go, "Really?!?  what color is this?"  I don't know if they don't believe me, or they find the idea of colorblindness amusing, but i have been professionally tested multiple times and came out colorblind every time   You're not proving anything with your test, and there are techniques, really the process of elimination, things that have the name of the color on them, some people say that that is that color and even though i can't see it I can memorize that so and so said the handle of the frying pan is orange, that make it so I don't always mess up colors I can't see correctly.  

All right another big one happened at the dojahn a lot and still happens when I paintball/airsoft/whatnot.  "Dude go easy on me, I am not wearing a cup."  

I respond, "Well that's really stupid.  Why didn't you wear a cup?"  

"It doesn't fit."  

rotfl all right if I plug you in the balls hard enough I guarantee your cup will fit next week dude.  

Oh and how about algebra?!  If it's not sports statistics that is it's a pet peeve.  So ya, but people do say I am hard to get POed though.  

Basilisa Marie

When my coworkers constantly beg me to cover their shifts and never offer to return the favor when I need it. 

University Residence Life offices.  Embassies of the devil incarnate, I'll tell ya.  

Harry Potter debates.  I HATE them but I can't resist them.  They're my kryptonite. :|  Must...defend...Harry....

The update for Google Chrome's spell check.  It gives terrible suggestions and now I have to re-add all my theology words to my dictionary.  :pinch:

Kylie Spinelli

When someone (while driving) makes a turn and their turn signal stays on for literally ever......
When people use the wrong spelling of a word, such as there/they're/their or your/you're or alter/altar too/to/two or than/then (I'm a HUGE grammar freak).

When people find out that you're Catholic (and very passionately so) and automatically accuse you and YOUR priests of approving or committing the molestation of children...

homeschoolmom

When someone (while driving) makes a turn and their turn signal stays on for literally ever......

When people use "literally" incorrectly. :|