An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Thread For Ardill's Questions

ardillacid

Depends... what you are saying no to?

Some project presentation for a big potential customer on Wednesday in Pitt. I have had zero involvement in the project up to this point. Long story short, I get to make a 7 hr round trip for something that I have no idea what's going on when I can barely keep up with my workload as it it. 

IcePrincessKRS

how much freezer burn does it have on it? 

if nothing else, i use that meat for stew. 

Yeah...  I'd say "months" but the reality is that it probably only lasts weeks tops in my house.

As long as the tread last. The patch is not temporary. The patch seals the hole permanently.

This. I drove on a patched tire for over a year before it needed to be replaced.

IcePrincessKRS

Some project presentation for a big potential customer on Wednesday in Pitt. I have had zero involvement in the project up to this point. Long story short, I get to make a 7 hr round trip for something that I have no idea what's going on when I can barely keep up with my workload as it it. 

Can you tell him that you're not comfortable doing it because you haven't been involved and don't know all the particulars of that particular project?

Some project presentation for a big potential customer on Wednesday in Pitt. I have had zero involvement in the project up to this point. Long story short, I get to make a 7 hr round trip for something that I have no idea what's going on when I can barely keep up with my workload as it it.

Have a good cry, then do as your told.

Tell the man that you ain't gonna be bossed around no more.  And then date his daughter.  

• 3 months later...

So I'm a groomsman in a wedding of a good friend here in a couple weeks. I am told by some people that a card/check is an acceptable present to give. I am not clear on how much a typical gift would be. Please assist.

Ardill - Boring questions, dude. Practical. I'm sure you need the answers. But boring.

Paul Simon - Interesting question, from "Questions for the Angels:" If you fall in love at the bargain store, and you don't get what you bargained for, can you get your money back? 

TheresaThoma

For the card/check I would say it depends on what you can afford, give them a nice amount but don't make yourself eat ramen for the next three months to be able to do so.