ardillacid

A Thread For Ardill's Questions

IcePrincessKRS

Some project presentation for a big potential customer on Wednesday in Pitt. I have had zero involvement in the project up to this point. Long story short, I get to make a 7 hr round trip for something that I have no idea what's going on when I can barely keep up with my workload as it it. 

Can you tell him that you're not comfortable doing it because you haven't been involved and don't know all the particulars of that particular project?

MIKolbe

Some project presentation for a big potential customer on Wednesday in Pitt. I have had zero involvement in the project up to this point. Long story short, I get to make a 7 hr round trip for something that I have no idea what's going on when I can barely keep up with my workload as it it.

Have a good cry, then do as your told.

ardillacid

So I'm a groomsman in a wedding of a good friend here in a couple weeks. I am told by some people that a card/check is an acceptable present to give. I am not clear on how much a typical gift would be. Please assist.

Luigi

Ardill - Boring questions, dude. Practical. I'm sure you need the answers. But boring.

Paul Simon - Interesting question, from "Questions for the Angels:" If you fall in love at the bargain store, and you don't get what you bargained for, can you get your money back? 

TheresaThoma

For the card/check I would say it depends on what you can afford, give them a nice amount but don't make yourself eat ramen for the next three months to be able to do so.

Jaime

So I'm a groomsman in a wedding of a good friend here in a couple weeks. I am told by some people that a card/check is an acceptable present to give. I am not clear on how much a typical gift would be. Please assist.

Cash works.  I sense you could afford $50 

That's a respectable amount. 

MIKolbe

Ducati motorcycles...any obvious drawbacks to buying one?

makes mid-life crisis easier..

ask the aged gentleman above me...

Oremoose

Ducati motorcycles...any obvious drawbacks to buying one?

Motorcycles Crashes is an awful way to die. Remember there are stupid people out there. A handful of them are driving. And stupid people don't take well to motorcycles. 

ardillacid

Motorcycles Crashes is an awful way to die. Remember there are stupid people out there. A handful of them are driving. And stupid people don't take well to motorcycles. 

No. An awful way to die is to live a mediocre life full of fear.