An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Thread For Ardill's Questions

ardillacid

cmotherofpirl

What does your girl like? Give us a hint.  Its hard to pick a setting if you don't know the person. Romantic? Techie? Nature lover?

CMom!   Most everyone interesting left since you took a break!   Hope you and your offspring are doing well.:like2:

8 hours ago, cmotherofpirl said:

What does your girl like? Give us a hint.  Its hard to pick a setting if you don't know the person. Romantic? Techie? Nature lover?

presumably she likes Tom.... so there's no accounting for taste....

Estoy....

screen-shot-2012-06-26-at-9-07-26-pm.png 

cmotherofpirl

Anomaly - Hi dearie. :) Missed you too.

Offspring has produced more offspring :) so now there are two munchkins to take over the world:)

Honestly, the more random the better! I'm speaking for most women. Some of the best things in life are not planned. When you sense it is the right moment, ask her! Even if she has a corn dog in one hand and a beer in the other. 

<3 PopeFrancis
On 9/2/2016 at 8:34 AM, WhiteLily said:

Even if she has a corn dog in one hand and a beer in the other. 

Yes it would be surprisingly romantic:buddies:

On 8/30/2016 at 10:53 PM, cmotherofpirl said:

she's a romantic. Off the charts about it. 

:coffee:

1 hour ago, ardillacid said:

she's a romantic. Off the charts about it. 

:coffee:

Ardill, 

Trust me.   Your future spouse will love and remember any sincere proposal.   Don't over do it.  My wife and I clearly remember my proposal in her bedroom (her 'rents were home) over 35 years ago. If you over complicate it, it's too much pressure and too complicated.  

Put your effort in what you will say.  Be sincere and loving. That is all that is required for a memory of a lifetime!   I wish you and your love well!

• 4 months later...

So I proposed, and we are currently planning our wedding. :coffee:

I've never been to a Catholic wedding not on a Saturday...are there restrictions on other days of the week? Or is it just a cultural thing. 

8 minutes ago, ardillacid said:

I've never been to a Catholic wedding not on a Saturday...are there restrictions on other days of the week? Or is it just a cultural thing. 

I've seen/been to weddings on a Friday or Thursday. Not sure about official rules and all that, here's an article that looks decent: http://catholicweddinghelp.com/wedding-planning/04-setting-date.htm#avoid

1 hour ago, ardillacid said:

Congratulations!  

There are no rules for days of the week for Catholic weddings.  They don't even have to include a Mass. (Two different Sacraments). Most larger parishes restrict weddings from Sundays because of the normal Mass schedule.  Sunday weddings are normally in smaller parishes. I think it's just practical circumstances, not cultural.