An Old School Catholic Message Board

Abercrombie & Fitch Ceo Explains Why He Hates Fat Chicks

CrossCuT

I never said anything was, other than excessive botox and tanning makes you look messed up.

I was just joking. Botulism is terrible and it paralyzes the muscles in your face. Tanning beds are known to cause skin cancer. 

I was just joking. Botulism is terrible and it paralyzes the muscles in your face. Tanning beds are known to cause skin cancer. 

:hehe2:

CatherineM

The ironic thing is facial wrinkles are caused when we begin to lose muscle tone in our facial muscles. Paralyzing those muscles makes them atrophy quicker thereby promoting the wrinkles they are trying to avoid.

In other words, his stores appeal  to jocks that bully kids and get away with it cuz they gotta play friday night,  rich kids that get their snobbishness from their parents, and  basically anyone that thinks they are better than everyone else.

(Don't get mad at me if you buy A&F stuff, Im paraphrasing what it sounds like he's trying to say)

Edited by Tony

:secret:

I believe it's a mix of this thing called "botox" and "tanning booths".

that's sad. :( 

In other words, his stores appeal  to jocks that bully kids and get away with it cuz they gotta play friday night,  rich kids that get their snobbishness from their parents, and  basically anyone that thinks they are better than everyone else.

(Don't get mad at me if you buy A&F stuff, Im paraphrasing what it sounds like he's trying to say)

I would just avoid people who wear A&F at all costs. 

P.S.

Do you mean Corpus Christi (The Body of Christ) or Corpus Christi, TX?

I hope people discontinue their Abercrombie purchases after hearing about this story. It promotes a very narrow and negative body image view as well as paints their CEO in a pretty repulsive dude.

Not nice Mr Abercrombie dude

HisChildForever

I purchased a couple of leggings/yoga pants there awhile ago because I had a gift card that needed to be used up. After a few washes you could start to see through them.  :stubborn: 

I would just avoid people who wear A&F at all costs. 

P.S.

Do you mean Corpus Christi (The Body of Christ) or Corpus Christi, TX?

not familiar with the area, is it a lot like that? I suppose the Jock thing is true, they take HS football pretty seriously in TX ;)

Spem in alium

I have never bought Abercrombie and Fitch. I heard some time ago that clothing they don't sell just gets thrown away. I'm not assuming that's only specific to them, but along with this story it definitely doesn't create a favourable image in my mind.

The CEO, as is anyone in my view, is made truly ugly through his words and intentions. I'm also left wondering why he seems to think that people who are fat, not "cool" or generally different can't have a good attitude or a lot of friends. I know a lot of people who would challenge that stereotype, including myself probably.

CatholicsAreKewl

I have never bought Abercrombie and Fitch. I heard some time ago that clothing they don't sell just gets thrown away. I'm not assuming that's only specific to them, but along with this story it definitely doesn't create a favourable image in my mind.

The CEO, as is anyone in my view, is made truly ugly through his words and intentions. I'm also left wondering why he seems to think that people who are fat, not "cool" or generally different can't have a good attitude or a lot of friends. I know a lot of people who would challenge that stereotype, including myself probably.

They seem to only cater to the materialistic and the insecure. My closet's full of it!

If being "cool" means being anything like this guy, then I'm really glad I'm not (and never have been). 

I saw this article a few days ago and Thought this guy sounds like a hot dog on stick.