An Old School Catholic Message Board

Abercrombie & Fitch Ceo Explains Why He Hates Fat Chicks

CrossCuT

How many posts does it take to reach the tootsie roll center of the lame board?

tootsieowl.jpg

If the lame board really does have a tootsie roll center I think we all need to team up and find out just how many posts it takes.

Winchester

Aww, you're still cute ;D even if you are horribly incorrect.

She posted a very long argument against the video and then refused to discuss it when I pointed out how silly her argument was. I think giving clothes to homeless people is good and I think telling the A&F folks that they'r being mean is good. If she disagrees with that then she is being mean and I thought she should know.

You're still not getting it. I think whatever personal issues you have are getting in the way of your reading comprehension.

You're still not getting it. I think whatever personal issues you have are getting in the way of your reading comprehension.

1718974-facepalm_epic.jpg

Really? You don't know what his intentions ARE? His intentions were to show the world and A&F that all people are deserving of clothing and that A&F shouldn't get to dictate who wears their products because is discriminatory and mean.

The complexity of this video is on par with the book "Goodnight Moon" wherein we say goodnight to the moon.

if i was a homeless person and this guy said, "hey I'm giving you clothing to show the middle finger to the CEO of A&F because he's a huge tool," then I'd not be inclined to play that game.

p.s. he gives clothes to people that he know won't fit them. yeah, that's charity alright. 

Winchester

So basically, publicity stunt. With helpings of contempt on the poor, who are being used as props.

Aww, you're still cute ;D even if you are horribly incorrect.

She posted a very long argument against the video and then refused to discuss it when I pointed out how silly her argument was. I think giving clothes to homeless people is good and I think telling the A&F folks that they'r being mean is good. If she disagrees with that then she is being mean and I thought she should know.

i refused to engage you, because you usually freak out over the littlest thing, and take every argument personally (thanks for the personal attack in a couple of posts above). there's a difference. 

I kinda had mixed feelings about this. I liked thinking about how the CEO would have an aneurism seeing masses of homeless people wearing his clothes, if they actually fit, but I didn't like the sense of these poor people being used.

I lol'd when he "asked" for the douchebag section tho :hehe:

So basically, publicity stunt. With helpings of contempt on the poor, who are being used as props.

what? the poor are being used as props?! say it ain't so! :|

i refused to engage you, because you usually freak out over the littlest thing, and take every argument personally (thanks for the personal attack in a couple of posts above). there's a difference. 

lol-rage-face.png

raz, you're in over your head. Please just stop I don't want to have to witness the carnage that will ultimately ensue if you keep up your argument.

raz, you're in over your head. Please just stop I don't want to have to witness the carnage that will ultimately ensue if you keep up your argument.

omg-wtf-spectrum.jpg

Chestertonian

Seems cruel to try and dupe homeless people into wearing such hideous, passe clothing. Did you see the looks they gave him? Looked like they wanted to say "I may be down on my luck, but I'm not that down on my luck."

Nihil Obstat

Seems cruel to try and dupe homeless people into wearing such hideous, passe clothing. Did you see the looks they gave him? Looked like they wanted to say "I may be down on my luck, but I'm not that down on my luck."

Now there is a criticism I can get behind. :smile3:

The real less fortunate are all the frat bros who think they look cool in their A&F uniforms. ;)

IcePrincessKRS

I kinda had mixed feelings about this. I liked thinking about how the CEO would have an aneurism seeing masses of homeless people wearing his clothes, if they actually fit, but I didn't like the sense of these poor people being used.

That was how I felt about it, too. Emphasis on being uncomfortable with these people being used.