An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bg's Random Ramblings And Thoughts 3

BG45

Well, now anyone on PM who gets gallons of gorilla poop will know it came from you or Brian. :P

Or would they?  "Why did I get all this gorilla poo?!?!?  MISSY! BRIAN!"  Meanwhile, elsewhere, Hasan cackles like a mastermind.

Oh heavens, what did I start! 

Now I am an occasion for ... .TEMPTATION if nothing else.  (WE NEED A VAMP EMOTICON!!!!)

thedabara_big.jpg

You can also order 'zoo doo' from the SF Zoo.... greatly prized by gardeners...

As far as the Limburger Cheese on the back of the drawers with the key locked inside.... I trusted you (y'all?!!) would know I wasn't suggesting doing it seriously (although I do understand what motivated the original person... she had been VERY badly treated).

BG, you are right, gotta remember those references.   But I can dream....  as long as I ONLY dream and don't ENJOY the idea.   Right....

Heading out now.... Mr. AL and I are having a LATE lunch with a friend....

Edited by AnneLine

Enjoy the late lunch AL! :)  And I know it wasn't a serious suggestion, but still...as you said, references!   :hehe2:  :saint2:   Zoo Doo sounds very good as fertilizer...pretty surprised to hear they sell it though, but when thinking about it, not as surprised, if that makes any sense!

Just handed the janitor my trash bag and got another bag out of the bottom of the can to replace it myself (easier due to how the office is set up, than making her move around the desk and cabinets).  She gave me this big smile and thanked me, telling me Crim is so much better to clean for than her other department, Anthro/Archaeology, where she has to clean the rolling chairs daily and vacuum the carpets daily, because they track in so much dirt.  It's nice to think of my department being "the nice ones" compared to some.

From the New Yorker...More details come to light in the administration's apparent war on press. I'd not be surprised to see the US rankings dip in the World Press Freedom Index again considering the seizing of vast amounts of AP phone records, an Emmy award winning CBS reporter's computer records, and now five Fox News reporters phone records (and Rosen's parents' phone records)...

Apparently the Obama administration is now using bullying tactics, threatening reporters with being charged for espionage for doing their jobs.

Yesterday, the Washington Post reported that, as part of the investigation of the Kim leak,Obama’s Department of Justice seized e-mails from Rosen’s personal Gmail account. In the search warrant for that request, the government described Rosen as “an aider, and abettor, and / or co-conspirator” in violating the Espionage Act, noting that the crime can be punished by ten years in prison. Rosen was not indicted in the case, but the suggestion in a government document that a reporter could be guilty of espionage for engaging in routine reporting is unprecedented and has alarmed many journalists and civil libertarians.

AL:  That could be!  We also like having things nice and orderly, like our survey instruments!  And I'm  going to forward your link to one of the profs, he's trying to make his ultra-garden of some sort!

Edited by BG45

AL: That could be! We also like having things nice and orderly, like our survey instruments! And I'm going to forward your link to one of the profs, he's trying to make his ultra-garden of some sort!

tell him to check your local zoos... they may have some he can get, uh, dirt cheap.    They may not have put it into mercenary mode yet...

Edited by AnneLine

Only one local zoo on this entire side of the state, so will do :)  "Dirt cheap" made me laugh!

Part of me would like to go to Brian's Google Plus hangout, but another part of me is debating a nice warm bath...

Ave Maria Singles came back up with their "new and improved" site after being down for almost a week.  Apparently "new and improved" means:

• Wiped the Contacts list
  • Erased everything you said about yourself on your profile
  • Changed the search feature so you can't find people by member number any longer (which is bad when they...)
  • Erased every e-mail in your inbox and sent box

So of the 3 women I was speaking to, I only have one's FB. :(

Edit:  Granted I still have names and member numbers of the people I was talking to in my gmail from the Support messages from AMS when I got new e-mails, but I can't search for them now...the "new and improved" search won't let you search by Member Number, Name, State, or any other identifiable thing I still have.

Edited by BG45

Was going to make a second edit, but they just hastily put up a "Sorry, we forgot to import the data, it's coming" message.  I'd say many complaints were made.

Woot, got my conference refund at last!  (Only had to send my coordinator on a one woman crusade at the grad school to get it...)  :)

Watching some MLP now!

I didn't think the end of the American Bible Challenge was rigged, but it was definitely skewed in favor of the preacher's kids team.  At least in my opinion.  For example, question to get into the "Final Revelation" round, you have to answer 3 names correctly of six.  Preacher's kids get "Name 3 of these who are firstborn children" with no difficult names, and one is Cain and freaking obvious.  The Sisters of Mary get, "In the book of Judges, which of the 3 of these are Judges?" and it's all Hardcore Old Testament Hebrew Names...Sister managed to talk her way through it with way more knowledge of the Davidic period compared to the Judge period than I have.

Edit: 

Just had someone nerd rage on me for not fully understanding the finale of Quantum Leap. In reply to his four paragraphs of anger I said, "Ah, thanks for explaining. I guess that all went over my head the only time I saw the finale, you know, when I was six years old."

Edited by BG45

I didn't think the end of the American Bible Challenge was rigged, but it was definitely skewed in favor of the preacher's kids team.  At least in my opinion.  For example, question to get into the "Final Revelation" round, you have to answer 3 names correctly of six.  Preacher's kids get "Name 3 of these who are firstborn children" with no difficult names, and one is Cain and freaking obvious.  The Sisters of Mary get, "In the book of Judges, which of the 3 of these are Judges?" and it's all Hardcore Old Testament Hebrew Names...Sister managed to talk her way through it with way more knowledge of the Davidic period compared to the Judge period than I have.

I figured that would happen.  I haven't been watching, but I heard that the Sisters lost.  Still, it's really impressive they did as well as the did.  

Haha that last sentence just sounds strange.  

You're right, it really is kind of impressive that they did as well as they did.  Though the host was even taking potshots at them, above what he did other contestants, "So what's a nun party like?"  "Uh, cookies?" And lol, you're right of course, it did!

Made it home safe, kind of lost my temper on dad tonight.  We spent the day trying to have a "fun" time.  He complained the whole way through and several times told me to wear long pants to dinner tomorrow, because he didn't want us to look like we were riff raff that didn't belong at the place we're going.  It's kept cutting through me, in light of the talk I got at graduation, and when he did it again...I just snapped.  I told him I knew, he had told me five times now, literally.  He protested this was only the second and I told him "No. I counted."  I apologized via mom on the phone from downstairs, but still...feel bad.  Especially since I know he's tried to make today good (and they gave me their change to cash in, which was $104.)  I gave him his Father's Day gift early, before snapping, which he wasn't terribly enthused with, but still mumbled a thanks.

Tomorrow I go work with a friend on a paper we're writing for a journal and mom and dad are doing the colonoscopy.  Afterward, we're doing the dinner hopefully...and I'm scared.  I get scared every time mom has a colonoscopy since her colon cancer.  Doubly scared due to the dinner, because part of me wonders if they know something bad is up already; I've never really trusted dinner ideas at nice restaurants out of the blue from them since Senior year of undergrad, when they took me out without warning and then told me mom had cancer.  So if you all could pray...I'd appreciate it.  I really would.  I ended up in tears once already tonight, praying about it.

Sorry!  It's all clear!  Thanks be to God! :)  Thank you all so much for the prayers!!  

We did Relay for Life tonight, kinda sunburned, but for a good cause.