An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Catholica Song

geetarplayer

geetarplayer

Well, atleast I got the real version, which was what I wanted in the first place. Thanks, ryan!

I'll post the lyrics of that one on here when I'm done downloading it.

-Mark

geetarplayer

It's only one verse and one chorus

"Conan O'Brian goes to Mass on the weekend

So do Pierce Brosnan, and Liam Neeson

Fara Faucett's Catholic, Tara Reid is too,

Sit them together, what a fine lookin' pew!

Chris Farley was Catholic, so was Jackie O

Levar Burton reads the Catholic Bible--the guy from Reading Rainbow

So many Catholics doin' their part

Miss Cleo isn't, but God's knockin' on her heart

Put on your Scapula

If you wanna be a Catholic-a

Some people idolize Dracula

But it's better to be a Catholic-a"

I wish I had the rest... can't find it on KaZaA, tho. :(

-Mark

Chastisement

That's pretty spiffy, both versions! :)

However, be careful of Kazaa, those music profiteering Nazis are targetting Kazaa now. But if you have loyatlities to Kazaa get Kazaa Lite, it doesn't have spyware.

Mind you, I'm using WinMX.

I looked on morpheus and couldn't find anything on there... :unsure:

Those music profiteering Nazis aren't going after morpheus, are they?? :o

ryanmeyersmusic

However, be careful of Kazaa, those music profiteering Nazis are targetting Kazaa now. But if you have loyatlities to Kazaa get Kazaa Lite, it doesn't have spyware.

Mind you, I'm using WinMX.

Wow... God forbid that someone actually profit from their career...

I'm sure that I'm in the minority on this issue, but I'm also sure that I'm one of the only ones on the losing side of Kazaa and such.

I find it amazing that people can justify stealing just because it's easy. Or just because (they think) that musicians are greedy and don't deserve the money anyway.

How about next time you walk into McDonald's you try hopping behind the counter and snagging a handful of BigMacs. McDonald's is in fact one of the world's wealthiest corporations...

Here's the honest truth: If you honestly couldn't afford a copy of my disc and really wanted it, I'd give it to you if you asked. That's an honest-to-God truth. There's just so much credit that doesn't get distributed (and let's be honest, you don't go to work if you don't want to make money) when a CD is copied or ripped to Mp3 and distributed. Producers don't get any credit on an Mp3. Studio musicians could be anyone on an Mp3. Who cares who mastered it?

Bottom line, it's stealing. However you look at it, it's taking something that belongs to someone else and not paying for it.

I'm curious to how you guys feel about this issue as well...

cmotherofpirl

Yes I know. My children download from KaZaa. They point out, however, while they are buying less CDs, they ARE buying more Tshirts,and going to many more concerts now that they hear the music. I think KaZaa in the long run popularizes many bands who otherwise never would be heard. When they hear a good band and get autographs, they try to slip the guys a 10 or 15 dollars and tell them how much they love their music.

I don't know a fair system. It certainly does not cost 19.95 to make a CD and you know the artists are not getting it anyway. With the advent of computers, local recording studios are popping up everywhere. I would be perfectly happy to send a donation to an artist to get his song.

THe courts actually started this problem by allowing the use of tape recorders and betamax in the first place. They have yet to deal equitably with the mess the made then.

ryanmeyersmusic

understand that i'm independent, and this changes things, but as that stands, I have to sell every single one of the first batch of 1000 cds just to BREAK EVEN!

It costs more than you think to produce a quality record, and to promote it, and such.

A fair alternative would be distributing live music freely (which in most cases is completely OK) and buying studio material.

geetarplayer

I feel bad about downloading music, but I do it anyway. I know I have no good excuse to justify why I download music. I'm not going to justify file-sharing. It is illegal and immoral. Subconsciously I would like to stop, but I don't think I have the will power right now.

On the other hand, I've never downloaded an entire album that I didn't already own. (My sister had scratched up my Dashboard Confessional CD and I still wanted to listen to it.) And if I hear a person who I think is a good artist, I'll go out and buy the album if I think it's good music.

I apologize to people who work in the music industry who are being affected by musical pyracy.

-Mark