An Old School Catholic Message Board

Young Jews, Catholics And Muslims United At Wyd Rio

HisChildForever

HisChildForever

I am all for promoting peace, but true peace comes not from trying to understand error (i.e., Islam and Judaism), but from Christ, the Prince of Peace. No offense, but inter-religious dialogue appears to be a dead end.

It's one thing to read about Islam or Judaism online or in books, another to actually meet people who practice those faiths. I think the purpose of the dialogue is to introduce young people of other faiths together so they actually see people and how they live, not words on a page.

CatholicsAreKewl

Christ said to make disciples of all nations. He did not say that the Church should enter a dialogue with false religions in order to try and create a worldly (i.e., false) peace. The early Church Fathers did not 'dialogue' with pagans in order to come to some kind of mutual understanding; instead, they evangelized pagans and defended Christian doctrine from error. Thank God the modern Catholic approach was not adopted by the Church Fathers. 

This sort of archaic logic is the reason why people are dying. 

It's one thing to read about Islam or Judaism online or in books, another to actually meet people who practice those faiths. I think the purpose of the dialogue is to introduce young people of other faiths together so they actually see people and how they live, not words on a page.

I've done both. Islam is a false religion and it was only when I gave up the indifferentist views advocated by Vatican II that I even began to make headway with Muslims in personal discussions. While I pushed the standard modern Catholic line the only result was that Muslims felt confirmed in their false belief, while simultaneously thinking that I was ripe for conversion to Mohammadanism.

Yes, it is an ancient viewpoint, and there is a name for it . . . it is called Apostolic and Patristic.   :smile3:

The reason that people are dying is because Islam is an inherently violent religion. All the discussion in the world is not going to stop the murders of Coptic Christians in Egypt or the destruction of Coptic Churches. Nor will it stop the beheading of the small numbers of Muslims who convert to Christianity in Pakistan (and other "Islamic Republics"). Preaching the good news of Christ, and avoiding the heresy of theological indifferentism, will bring peace. Trying to coexist with a false religion will bring nothing but death and destruction, and most of that will be experienced - as it presently is being experienced - by Christians. As a Vatican press release recently pointed out 100,000 Christians are martyred for the faith each year, and most of those martyrs live in the Islamic world.

CatholicsAreKewl

The reason that people are dying is because Islam is an inherently violent religion. All the discussion in the world is not going to stop the murders of Coptic Christians in Egypt or the destruction of Coptic Churches. Nor will it stop the beheading of the small numbers of Muslims who convert to Christianity in Pakistan (and other "Islamic Republics"). Preaching the good news of Christ, and avoiding the heresy of theological indifferentism, will bring peace. Trying to coexist with a false religion will bring nothing but death and destruction, and most of that will be experienced - as it presently is being experienced - by Christians. As a Vatican press release recently pointed out 100,000 Christians are martyred for the faith each year, and most of those martyrs live in the Islamic world.

Let's fight ignorance and bigotry with more ignorance and bigotry. Do you hear that? That's another Coptic church burning down.

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl

Let's fight ignorance and bigotry with more ignorance and bigotry. Do you hear that? That's another Coptic church burning down.

The fact is that Christ is the sole savior of mankind, and there is no salvation in any other name. If that is bigotry so be it. I believe in Christ, if you don't I pity you. You have my prayers.

CatholicsAreKewl

The fact is that Christ is the sole savior of mankind, and there is no salvation in any other name. If that is bigotry so be it. I believe in Christ, if you don't I pity you. You have my prayers.

I just find it interesting that you're taking the position of the Muslims I have issue with. This way of thinking isn't going to solve anything, neither is your idle prayer and criticism. Dehumanization occurs when we distance ourselves from others and refuse to dialogue with them. The less two groups understand each other, the more likely it is for them to act violently towards one another. 

I just find it interesting that you're taking the position of the Muslims I have issue with. This way of thinking isn't going to solve anything, neither is your idle prayer and criticism. Dehumanization occurs when we distance ourselves from others and refuse to dialogue with them. The less two groups understand each other, the more likely it is for dehumanization can occur. 

Dialogue that confirms people in falsehood is not the answer. Preaching Christ crucified and risen from the dead is the answer. I make no apologies for the fact that I am a Christian, and sacred scripture and the tradition of the Church - which comes to us from the Holy Fathers - is clear, no one can have the Father without the Son, and anyone who denies that God has come in the flesh is an anti-Christ (and Mohammad qualifies on that count).

CatholicsAreKewl

Dialogue that confirms people in falsehood is not the answer. Preaching Christ crucified and risen from the dead is the answer. I make no apologies for the fact that I am a Christian, and sacred scripture and the tradition of the Church - which comes to us from the Holy Fathers - is clear, no one can have the Father without the Son, and anyone who denies that God has come in the flesh is an anti-Christ (and Mohammad qualifies on that count).

This proves everything I've been saying so far. Your posts are a strong argument for Atheism. 

You guys know better than to mention the M word here. You know it's like opening Pandora's Box.

This proves everything I've been saying so far. Your posts are a strong argument for Atheism. 

I see, so the fact that I actually believe what the Holy Fathers and sacred scripture teach about Christ proves everything you've been saying is true. So I suppose that means that if a person does not take Christianity seriously that is an argument against atheism from your perspective. You are a character.

Edited by Apotheoun

CatholicsAreKewl

Dialogue that confirms people in falsehood is not the answer. Preaching there is one God and Muhammad is his prophet is the answer. I make no apologies for the fact that I am a Muslim, and sacred scripture and the tradition of the Ulama - which comes to us from the Sunna - is clear, God does not have a son, and anyone who denies the oneness of God is committing shirk (and the Pope qualifies on that count).

Do you see what I mean now? Your logic isn't far from the radical Muslims. I hope the majority of Catholics disagree with you. 

"Fearing not that I'd become my enemy. In the instant that I preach." Bob Dylan