An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters Of The Holy Cross

inperpetuity

Chiquitunga

I've seen them on the IRL site here, http://db.religiouslife.com/reg_life/irl.nsf/org/130  I believe those Opus Sanctorum Angelorum priests/organization is a very orthodox one, http://www.opusangelorum.org/english.html I didn't realize these Sisters were associated with them. I don't know much about them, but I heard a talk from one of their priests once (on a borrowed old cassette tape) that was very good and have seen pamphlets here and there that they publish. All very good stuff! :like:

truthfinder

If I remember correctly, these sisters attend (at least sometimes) Assumption Grotto in Detroit. 

edit: I just checked the addresses - they live like right next door to the Grotto - from what I've seen on various blogs, they have wonderful Masses in both the OF and EF there.

Edited by truthfinder

inperpetuity

Wow, sounds like their worth checking out although I couldn't really get a sense of how active they are.  They say on their website that it depends on the particular convent which is a little confusing.

inperpetuity

Bishop Athansius Sneider is a member of this order :saint2:  The sisters require a 2-year aspirancy followed by a 2-yr postulancy and they do not consider older vocations.

inperpetuity

The video about the life of St. Theotonius is fascinating, no wonder this order was resurrected, they have a glorious history!

Chiquitunga

Bishop Athansius Sneider is a member of this order :saint2: 

Wow!! Thank you for sharing that! I had no idea! He is so awesome! I love that video on youtube with him and Fr. Mitch Pacwa. His book on Holy Communion Dominus Est is wonderful!! :like: